Windows 10: remove the top OneDrive icon

Discus and support remove the top OneDrive icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the top OneDrive icon, the one right bellow Quick Access on the first image above, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SPMoura, Jun 20, 2018.

1. SPMoura Win User

remove the top OneDrive icon

Hello everyone. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the top OneDrive icon, the one right bellow Quick Access on the first image above, and just keep the OneDrive icon in the User Folder or in the This PC folder? I have like three OneDrive icons in the Navigation Pane and it just doesn't look good. Cosmestic reasons, I know, but.... well.

Thanks in advance.

:)

SPMoura, Jun 20, 2018

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

remove the top OneDrive icon ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 20, 2018
  3. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Jun 20, 2018
  4. remove the top OneDrive icon

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

remove the top OneDrive icon

1. remove the top OneDrive icon - Similar Threads - remove top OneDrive

2. How to remove OneDrive icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove OneDrive icon from taskbar: Hello,I cannot remove OneDrive from the taskbar. I found instructions that said to remove it I should "On the Settings tab, uncheck all the boxes under General;" however, I want OneDrive to start when I open my laptop so I do not want to follow those instructions.All I really...
  3. How to remove OneDrive icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove OneDrive icon from taskbar: Hello,I cannot remove OneDrive from the taskbar. I found instructions that said to remove it I should "On the Settings tab, uncheck all the boxes under General;" however, I want OneDrive to start when I open my laptop so I do not want to follow those instructions.All I really...
  4. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  5. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  6. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to remove the little box on the top left corner of icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the little box on the top left corner of icon: How to remove the little box on the top left corner of icon?just appear some days ago on my Surface Pro X. It is so annoyingThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-little-box-on-the-top-left/bd0e3b97-29cc-4f02-962d-84a6da310331
  8. Remove icon or sign at the top center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove icon or sign at the top center: Hi, in my computer's internet browser both crome and firefox, if I put my cursor at the top center, a blue sign comes out with chat and arrow marks. I would like to have it disappeared. Please let me know how to do so....
  9. OneDrive icon suddenly in taskbar - can't remove

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive icon suddenly in taskbar - can't remove: All of a sudden for some reason a OneDrive icon suddenly appeared in my taskbar and I can't figure out how to remove it. Right-click offers no options. Can anyone help me with permanently removing it? I can't deal with the taskbar space it takes up. [img] thanks in...
  10. How to remove OneDrive desktop icon

How to remove OneDrive desktop icon: After upgrade of Win7 to Win10 I got an Onedrive icon on my desktop. It can't be deleted. [img] [img] Is there a way to disable this icon in the registry? What is the guid? 37113