Windows 10: Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click

Discus and support Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thank you ! This was a perfect solution. *Thumbs Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edwin, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Edwin New Member

Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click

*Thumbs

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
  2. scarzy19 Win User

I I got some previous help with a strange dropdown arrow on the desktop that showed up. I am also noticing that if I now double click on the desktop, I get a menu as shown in the attached picture. I am thinking its a QTTabBar feature, but cannot find the option to turn it off. Can anyone provide some help? Thank you in advance!

:)

scarzy19, Apr 22, 2018
  3. Create a Shortcut for Microsoft Edge

Click & drag the tile from the Start Menu to the Desktop & release. This will create a Shortcut on the Desktop without removing from the Start Menu.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Apr 22, 2018
  4. Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click

Windows 10 cant double click anything on desktop and moving mouse is minimizing windows

Hi Matthew,

This issue may arise if your computer drivers are not updated or there are some corruption within your user profile. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to install all pending updates in your computer?
    • Have you tried updating your hardware drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 22, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    Hover your cursor close to the System Tray arrow til you see a small Q , right click that and choose options from the expandable menu's...

Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click [​IMG]

(You can also unlock your Taskbar to expand the button):

or,
    right click your Taskbar, expand Toolbars and uncheck QT Tab Desktop Tool to disable it completely...

Edwin, Apr 22, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    As an added note:

I highly recommend the use of QTTabBar, I find it an indispensable extension of the Explorer shell!

However,
    if you want to uninstall it, you need to run the Install .exe and choose Uninstall.

Edwin, Apr 22, 2018
  7. scarzy19 Win User
    Thank you Edwin! This was a perfect solution.

scarzy19, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click

1. Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click - Similar Threads - Remove Menu Desktop

2. Double Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  3. Double Click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  4. Remove AMD Catalyst from Windows desktop right-click menu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Remove AMD Catalyst from Windows desktop right-click menu: If you have ever installed an AMD graphics card and then install the AMD Radeon Software you may see a new context menu option added by AMD drivers. I hated to see a new context menu option added by AMD drivers as it looks just plain ugly with its red icon and its too-wide...
  5. Double clicking doesn't work on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Double clicking doesn't work on desktop: When I double click an icon on the desktop, nothing seems to happen. However, I can select an icon, and then hit enter, the icon/program/site does work. The same thing happens in Outlook. I double click or single click an item, and it will not display. If I highlight the...
  6. instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu: Hi. New W10 and Reflect 7 free user. Since installation I have been searching for ways to remove the Macrium Reflect context entry. There is no such setting in the program which made me contact support who gave the following instruction: From elevated command prompt type...
  7. Remove double Notepad.exe in "Open with..." menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove double Notepad.exe in "Open with..." menu: Have no idea how but all of a sudden I've noticed there are 2 Notepads in "Open with…" sub-menu: [ATTACH] How can I remove one and where in the registry should I look for? 129587
  8. remove the Delete From the rigth click contexs menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove the Delete From the rigth click contexs menu: when you click whit the rigth mouse on the desktop on a file you see Delete I m like to hide that under a key what i m doing is calling scammer from india and if there getting frustrade there love to destroy your computer first delete all the icoons i m yes try to get the...
  9. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...
  10. Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu: Hello, I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on TenForums (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item. Is there a way to remove it...