Windows 10: Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu

Discus and support Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. I uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Haruna, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Haruna Win User

Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu

Hi first post.

I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. I uninstalled ImageGlass afterwards. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not only is it not there but ImageGlass still shows up as an option.

Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu [​IMG]

The same thing happens on the Open With menu in the file explorer

Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu [​IMG]

Is there a way to remove ImageGlass as a option for a default program? I already have it uninstalled and the fact that it is still showing up is not right.

:)

Haruna, Jun 17, 2018

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu

1. Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu - Similar Threads - Remove uninstalled programs

2. Uninstalling a default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling a default program: Mcafee came pre-installed in my pc. How do I uninstall it? Should i uninstall it normally or use mcpr tool? Will all it registries get deleted if I uninstall it normally?...
  3. Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs: Re Win version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 Is it safe to remove the ProgramData folder for an application long ago uninstalled, e.g., McAfee? Thanks for your advice! 157005
  4. Windows is Removing Program Defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is Removing Program Defaults: I just started using a different computer at work. This computer has Windows 10. I set my default photo viewer to the Photos app (because there was no default set), and I set my default internet browser to Firefox (it was set to Internet Explorer by default). But every...
  5. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  6. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  7. uninstall, remove or delete program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstall, remove or delete program: I have an App "HDHomeRun" that shows up in my list of Apps. When I right click/uninstall it takes me to "Programs and Features"/"Uninstall or Change Program", the app is not listed to choose. The App does not work. I tried to reinstall, but I get a notice a File Not Found...
  8. Remove uninstalled programs from Menu

Remove uninstalled programs from Menu: Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. So then, i uninstalled ImageGlass and went on to use Window Photo Viewer. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not...
  9. Removing unused programs from start menu

Removing unused programs from start menu: I have several programs listed on my start menu that have been uninstalled, but they're still listed on the start menu. Right clicking them gives several options, but there is no option to delete. How can I do this? Thanks. 104776
  10. How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?

How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?: I have a lot of programs installed and have my own toolbars to access them. Seeing all those programs on the Programs list of the start menu is distracting. All I really want is the folders that house subprograms. The only option offered is to uninstall but not to remove from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default apps showing uninstalled programs

2. remove not installed programs from default apps list

3. Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu