Windows 10: Remove uninstalled programs from Menu

Discus and support Remove uninstalled programs from Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. So then, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Haruna, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Haruna Win User

Remove uninstalled programs from Menu

Hi first post.

I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. So then, i uninstalled ImageGlass and went on to use Window Photo Viewer. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not only is it not there but ImageGlass still shows up as an option.

Remove uninstalled programs from Menu [​IMG]

The same thing happens on the Open With menu in the file explorer

Remove uninstalled programs from Menu [​IMG]

Is there a way to remove ImageGlass as a option for a default program? I already have it uninstalled and the fact that it is still showing up is not right.

:)

Haruna, Jun 17, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Remove uninstalled programs from Menu :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 18, 2018
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Remove uninstalled programs from Menu

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

Remove uninstalled programs from Menu

1. Remove uninstalled programs from Menu - Similar Threads - Remove uninstalled programs

2. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  3. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  4. Unable to uninstall app from Add/remove programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to uninstall app from Add/remove programs: Good Evening sir, I am unable to remove an app and it has no name with size showing 3.14TB ....when i searched for it in Microsoft fix it i found some program named Name not found and another one as not listed and am unable to uninstall it through microsoft fix it also...what...
  5. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  6. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  7. uninstall, remove or delete program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstall, remove or delete program: I have an App "HDHomeRun" that shows up in my list of Apps. When I right click/uninstall it takes me to "Programs and Features"/"Uninstall or Change Program", the app is not listed to choose. The App does not work. I tried to reinstall, but I get a notice a File Not Found...
  8. Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu: Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. I uninstalled ImageGlass afterwards. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not only is it not there but ImageGlass...
  9. Removing unused programs from start menu

Removing unused programs from start menu: I have several programs listed on my start menu that have been uninstalled, but they're still listed on the start menu. Right clicking them gives several options, but there is no option to delete. How can I do this? Thanks. 104776
  10. Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs: Hey guys, Would anyone know how to remove notification icon listings from the control panel for uninstalled programs? I uninstalled iCloud for Windows but the service is still showing up in my notification icon list [img] 66024

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove a program from uninstal menu that is uninstalled

2. driver program menue options uninstall

3. windows 10 unistalled program but still in menu

4. remove uninstalled programs from start menu,
  5. programs not on computer still in uninstall menu,
  6. uninstalled programs still listed windows 10,
  7. uninstalled apps still on the start menu,
  8. start menu uninstaller,
  9. how to clear uninstalled programs off of windows menu on windows 10,
  10. program not installed but still in windows menu,
  11. start menu uninstall program not removed,