Windows 10: Remove unspecified device

Discus and support Remove unspecified device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I remove an unspecified device in printers and devices. The unspecified device was a result of a failed attempt to add a printer. It won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by docdoor, Oct 7, 2015.

1. docdoor Win User

Remove unspecified device

How can I remove an unspecified device in printers and devices. The unspecified device was a result of a failed attempt to add a printer. It won't allow me to uninstall it, I did remove an error in the device manager but that didn't do anything.
    Right clicking has no effect.

:)

docdoor, Oct 7, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Mail app won't sync 3rd-party IMAP accounts after adding two-factor auth to microsoft account

Unfortunately, I think that code means unspecified error. Have you tried removing and readding the accounts to the device?

Entegy, Oct 7, 2015
  3. fazeracer Win User
    Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

Michael Gall Thank you for your suggestions. However in this case neither suggestion works. The issue
    with the first suggestion is the device is appearing under "unspecified device" and is unmanageable in any way shape or form. We are unable to remove it configure basic printer properties (Print 2 sided, etc.).

The second suggestion is basic printer installation. The issue after installing the printer it appears under "unspecified device".

The issue is WHY do printers appear under "unspecified device"?

fazeracer, Oct 7, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Go to device manager and and click View -> Show hidden devices. This will show the print queue. Expand it and delete anything relative to the failed device. Also expand Printers and make sure nothing is there too. When done, have a look for any device with yellow question mark. Remove that as well. Restart computer and have a look again that nothing is left.

spapakons, Oct 7, 2015
  5. docdoor Win User
    Thanks, that worked
    Problem solved

docdoor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove unspecified device - Similar Threads - Remove unspecified device

2. Cant delete an unspecified bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete an unspecified bluetooth device: I have a logitech k380 keyboard connected via bluetooth to my dell 7480 laptop. Windows 10 Pro. Hadn't used for a while, tried to pair. First, the devices had it as a known device, but wouldn't pair. After sorting thru many searches, I deleted it from the registry and deleted...
  3. speaker keeps pairing as an unspecified device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    speaker keeps pairing as an unspecified device: Oh my god ive been doing this for like 2 hours please help me. I've updated the driver and went to like every place were you can pick an output. The speaker just doesn't show up. Has anyone else had this problem before?? edit: Just wanted to add that I've used this speaker...
  4. "Unspecified" in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Unspecified" in Device Manager: Further to my complaint about personalising external usb drives, what is all this "Unspecified" with an impersonal icon in the Device Manager? The system seems to be saying that whilst it uses or reads these disks, it doesn't recognise them as entities....
  5. Printer listed as Unspecified device

Printer listed as Unspecified device: I have a Pantum P2500W printer that has been connected to this computer before. Now when I try to reconnect, it shows up as an Unspecified device rather than a Printer. How do I get the computer to recognize it as a printer so I can print from it?...
  6. Printer classified as "Unspecified" and displayed as "Device"

Printer classified as "Unspecified" and displayed as "Device": I know this has been asked alot because I have found threads with related question but I haven't found any solution with my problem. I have been using printers EPSON L565 and EPSON WorkForce Pro WF-C869R but I got new printer EPSON L5190 last October 2019 so stopped using...
  7. USB Devices are always Unspecified

USB Devices are always Unspecified: Hi A few days ago I was trying to use the scanner on my (Canon) printer - but when I plugged the USB cable into my laptop and went into Devices and Printers, I could see the printer name but the icon was different, and I couldn't click on it and view all the details like...
  8. USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,

USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,: Ive tried installing and uninstalling the driver many times, downloaded the most current from the manufacture but it does not work. Just trying to get my Wide format Printer to work . Any help would be appreciated. [IMG]...
  9. remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error: Does anyone know how to fix these errors? [img] This happens for any provisioned package I attempt to remove (as listed by Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online). 19943
  10. iPhone shown as Unspecified in Devices and Printers

iPhone shown as Unspecified in Devices and Printers: I have a problem with my iPhone 5s/iOS 9.2.1 in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10586.71, as shown in the pictures: Although everything works OK, i.e. • iTunes v.12.3.2.35 recognizes it, backs it up and syncs it • I can see its content from Windows Explorer • and in Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove unspecified device windows 10

2. unspecified device windows 10

3. unspecified devices windows 10

4. unspecified devices on windows 10,
  5. unspecified device printer windows 10,
  6. delete unspecified device,
  7. windows 10 remove Unspecified device,
  8. delete unspecified device on windows10,
  9. how to remove unspecified device windows 10,
  10. how to remove unspecified printer,
  11. how to uninstall unspecified device,