Windows 10: Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi...

Discus and support Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a catastrophic problem! Approximately every 5-minutes or so, my secured wifi connection is being interrupted and the unsecured "xfinitywifi"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David M LaBuda, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi...

This is a catastrophic problem!

Approximately every 5-minutes or so, my secured wifi connection is being interrupted and the unsecured "xfinitywifi" mobile hot spot connection attempts to connect to my computer. I have disabled mobile hot spot connections so, it never actually connects to my computer however, every 5-minutes or so, it disrupts my secured connection again and attempts to connect to "xfinitywifi". I have been unable to FORGET this network in the list because there is no FORGET option to do so. The only option provides is to connect.

There must be a way to purge all network connections and relist only those which I have provided in home. There must also be a way to stop accepting new broadcasted local wifi network listings.
    IF you have nothing like this now, PLEASE implement a FIX for this ASAP!

Is there a way I'm not aware of to Remove "xfinitywifi" from my list? I tried to remove it with a cmd option to remove this network listing but was unsuccessful because that network profile was not found on the list.

Thanks for your help!

:)

David M LaBuda, Aug 9, 2018

2. Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

Sorry, I might not have been clear:

-I do not have Comcast. I own my own WiFi access point. WiFi is on and working. No problems.

-When I boot up, Windows automatically connects to "xfinitywifi". When I manually disconnect from xfinitywifi, Windows automatically connects to my home WiFi network (let's call it "home-wifi"). I don't even have to click on "home-wifi" and press connect - Windows remembers that I've previously connected to "home-wifi" and just automatically connects to it as soon as I disconnect from "xfinitywifi"

-I do not ever want to connect to "xfinitywifi". I want to always connect to "home-wifi".

-There is a "Manage Known Networks" option in "Network and Internet" \ "WiFi" \ "Manage WiFi Settings". Only "home-wifi" is listed here.

Somehow, despite me NEVER having chosen to connect to "xfinitywifi", Windows connects to it every time I boot.

awesomesauce, Aug 9, 2018
  3. bro67 Win User
    Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

[/quote] They do not want to black list anything, because that is not the issue. The XfinityWifi and CableWifi are public hotspots for customers with Comcast and other affiliates that can use those hotspots in areas that are served. Black listing the Xfinitywifi & CableWifi hotspots will actually break their wifi, not fix it.

If Wifi is active on the eMTA, but not being picked up, others can be seen by the radio in the wifi, the problem is with the OP equipment. If leased, they need to take it back to Comcast and pick up a new one to replace the old one.

bro67, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi...

Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

I've got a weird problem I can't figure out:

New Surface Book running Windows 10. Every time it boots, it connects to "xfinitywifi" (an open WiFi access point apparently belonging to a neighbor). This AP has "limited connectivity", though, so no internet access (and I don't want to be connected to it, anyways!).

I've previously connected to my home WiFi, and this is the only network listed in my "Manage known networks" list. When I manually "disconnect" from xfinitywifi, Windows automatically connects to my home WiFi. For some reason, though, on boot up, it automatically connects to this open network (despite being set to NOT connect to open networks), and it prefers this open network over my (secured) known network.

I have disabled the "Wi-Fi Sense" "feature".

Any ideas?

awesomesauce, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi...

1. Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi... - Similar Threads - Remove unwanted wifi

2. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  3. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  4. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  5. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  6. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How Do I Remove an Unwanted WIFI Network From List My List of Portals to the Internet?

How Do I Remove an Unwanted WIFI Network From List My List of Portals to the Internet?: How Do I Remove an Unwanted WIFI Network From List My List of Portals to the Internet? This query is at least 5 years old and comes with a response that 'Microsoft has done nothing to enable this to happen'. Because Microsoft 'has done nothing' it speaks volumes: 'Owners of...
  8. WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...: WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in the networks list, in particular, one named "virus.exe". Need a simple direct way to completely delete. These are not known networks so the FORGET option does not work. I can't even get the vast majority of the unknown networks to list when...
  9. how to remove name of old wifi from my network list

how to remove name of old wifi from my network list: Hi I replaced my router with a new router - however the name of the old router is still showing when i click the bottom right Internet Access Icon in Windows (it also appears on my Android mobile?! ... I have tried: Settings> Networks & Internet> WiFi> Manage Known Networks...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...