Windows 10: Remove Update Windows 10 from Control Panel Check For Updates

Discus and support Remove Update Windows 10 from Control Panel Check For Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm trying to intstall updates for Windows 7 in Control Panel/Check for updates/Install Updates, but Upgrade to Windows 10 is on screen and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hansarose, Jan 25, 2016.

1. hansarose Win User

Remove Update Windows 10 from Control Panel Check For Updates

I'm trying to intstall updates for Windows 7 in Control Panel/Check for updates/Install Updates, but Upgrade to Windows 10 is on screen and I can't seem to proceed without the update. I already tried it and I don't like it so backed out. I don't want to upgrade and want it off of my computer. How do I remove it and all the components associated with it? I only use it for personal use, email, Facebook, a few games, etc. and not for business. 10 was too confusing and there's no one over my shoulder teaching me a new system and where all my stuff went.

:)

hansarose, Jan 25, 2016
  2. Fred_474 Win User

How Do I Stop Microsoft From Installing Windows 10

To Stop Windows 10 - these updates need to be hidden from update... Or removed then hidden if already installed - so you need to look at installed updates and remove these...

Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3035583)

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home

You can find them through control panel:

Control Panel / All Control Panel Items / Windows Update / [Installed Updates]

Microsoft seems hell bent on forcing you to update regardless of any issues you might have.

Fred_474, Jan 25, 2016
  3. Cannot resolve Error 0x80070490

Hi,

I had same HP error. I had checked optional update for HP during Win 8.1 before installing Windows 10 and it had run this HP update (which failed) and then installed Windows 10 (successful) (i could see this in update history that i had failed HP updates
    before Win 10 ugrade and after). But after Win 10 was launched it kept re-trying to install this HP update which always failed. Windows troubleshooting - Windows Update in Control Panel did not help.

What seems it helped was:

- remove all HP printers from control panel (incl fax)

- in Control Panel - Uninstall Program I removed all HP software (everything)

- I rebooted PC

- In Windows Update, i changed settings to "Notify to schedule restart" instead of "Automatic"

- Check for Windows Updates

and voila the problem was gone and it said all updates where done successfully (the HP update wasnt installed and didnt try to install)

- I then changed settings again to Windows Update "Automatic"

- Reboot

- I re-installed the HP printer via control panel (and MSFT installed the drivers)

- Check for Windows Updates said "Device is up to date"

It looks like the problem is fixed. I will know in a few days if it actually installs other Windows Updates.

NumberCruncherDE, Jan 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Remove Update Windows 10 from Control Panel Check For Updates - Similar Threads - Remove Update Control

2. W10 1809 removes Updates from control panel - Cant hide updates now.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1809 removes Updates from control panel - Cant hide updates now.: W10 1809 removed the ' updates' feature from control panel and now i have to use the crappy settings interface, except you CANT hide an update! you use to be able to right click and select 'hide' update but now that's gone. does anyone now know the new convoluted way to...
  3. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  4. Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel: Well apparently there was a massive Windows update yesterday - which installed itself this morning. I say massive, because despite having a good desktop CPU & fast SSD, it took more than 10 minutes to update, which is surprising. I noticed the "Windows Update" options are...
  5. Windows update is not in the control panel,

Windows update is not in the control panel,: Windows update is not in the control panel, where is it? 14814
  6. After update to 9926 no Windows Update in Control Panel

After update to 9926 no Windows Update in Control Panel: Just updated from 8.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP. After update i do not have Windows Update in the Control Panel. The only way I can get to Windows Update is by entering wuapp in the Run box. Also, Start button not working. Click on it and nothing happens. FIx was supposedly...
  7. Windows Update missing in Control Panel

Windows Update missing in Control Panel: Hi, yep, it's gone. Not there- and I don't know when or why. So considering restore points and disk images may not be the most appropriate (i.e. would be a random option timewise). I found these fixes (the same registry mod): Windows Update in Windows 10 Control Panel...
  8. Removing empty folders from the control panel ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing empty folders from the control panel ...: Does anyone know how to remove empty folders (and not app icons) from the control panel pane? Hiding them would also be an acceptable solution! Big thanks to whoever can lend a hand... 93922
  9. Add or Remove Control Panel from This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Control Panel from This PC in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Control Panel from This PC in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel from This PC in Windows 10 In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that you'll want...
  10. Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft....