Windows 10: Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows

Discus and support Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" from Power Options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows

How to: Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows

How to Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" from Power Options in Windows

The Power Options allows users to specify whether USB selective suspend is turned on or off.

The USB selective suspend feature allows the hub driver to suspend an individual port without affecting the operation of the other ports on the hub. Selective suspension of USB devices is especially useful in portable computers, since it helps conserve battery power. Many devices, such as fingerprint readers and other kinds of biometric scanners, only require power intermittently. Suspending such devices, when the device is not in use, reduces overall power consumption.

For more information about USB selective suspend, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the USB selective suspend setting under USB settings in Power Options for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options

Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add - default)
    powercfg -attributes 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove)
    powercfg -attributes 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3\48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "USB selective suspend setting" to Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_USB_selective_suspend_setting_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "USB selective suspend setting" from Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_USB_selective_suspend_setting_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 4, 2017

2. USB selective suspend settings not available?

Hello Grant,

To answer your question about USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Open Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    • Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Please check out the image below for your reference:

Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows 1f6ab742-6b2f-4cb8-ae34-a5db8caa86d8.png

Keep us informed about the outcome.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    Clintlgm, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows

USB Selective Suspend is not working

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest to post this under "Sleep and Power on/off" or "Windows Settings."

Also refer this for Windows USB Selective Suspend:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 26, 2019
  5. bbran Win User
    USB selective suspend settings not available?

USB selective suspend settings under power options are not available in my notebook. How do I get them? My flash drive keeps suspending after less than a minute and then I can't access it without pulling it out and reinserting it. I
    have an ASUS T100TA.

bbran, Oct 26, 2019
  6. daksin Win User
    Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

Hi there- kind of an unusual problem. I'm having issues with a 3rd party Microsoft wireless controller receiver shutting off in game. One option I haven't explored yet is USB selective suspend messing with its power. Unfortunately, when I go to change the advanced power settings of my power plan on the Surface Book, there's no USB power settings at all. You can see it for yourself in the screenshot here:

Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

Any ideas how to access this setting and turn off USB selective suspend, or another way to turn it off without going into power plan settings?

daksin, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows

1. Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows - Similar Threads - Remove 'USB selective

2. should I enable or disable USB selective suspend setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I enable or disable USB selective suspend setting?: hi there:I have USB drives that Windows could not recognize on my laptop. It works with other devices. I think it might be ports issues. I came across USB selective suspend setting. Disable it could fix the issue. Is it very bad to leave it disable all the time or not bad?...
  3. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  4. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  5. [Discussion] USB Suspend Settings / USB Power Management are problematic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Discussion] USB Suspend Settings / USB Power Management are problematic: I just got a new PC with fresh settings about two month ago. Thinking fresh system should have no issue on most of the thing, I naively plug my old keyboard (a MKA-3C) into the new PC. Before anything, the keyboard has no issue on the old PC, even with the keyboard RGB light...
  6. USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Selective Suspend: I've got an issue with selective suspend of a thermal printer in Windows 10 and I can't seem to find anywhere that specifically states the length of time Windows will wait. Any chance there's a simple answer for this? I'm able to disable it entirely, but it seems weird that...
  7. USB Selective Suspend is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  8. USB Selective Suspend is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  9. Adjust USB selective suspend setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjust USB selective suspend setting: I think this is a long shot but here goes.... I know how to turn off/on the "USB selective suspend setting". I actually don't mind that it is enabled however what I find annoying is when my external 'wakes', a window pops up showing all of my files on the external as if I...
  10. Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove USB "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" from Power Options in Windows The USB Hub Selective Suspend Timeout setting in Power Options allows users to specify the idle timeouts in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Configuración de suspensión selectiva de USB windows 10