Windows 10: Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709

Discus and support Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Just to be clear I do not want to remove or change or substitute a picture. I don't have one there. I want to remove entirely the generic "picture" or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by phaedruspress, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709

Just to be clear I do not want to remove or change or substitute a picture. I don't have one there. I want to remove entirely the generic "picture" or placeholder where your picture goes.This is what I see when I log in above my name:

Imgur

I want it to look like the picture on the right:

Imgur

Has anyone done this and would be kind enough to provide clear instructions or a link. A cursory GOOGLE search came up with this article but it dates back to 2015 and I would rather not screw the pooch on my newly minted totally unwanted win 10 1709. TIA.

https://www.top-password.com/blog/ch...windows/#part4

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 9, 2018
  2. Expoter Win User

No OneDrive placeholders on WIn 10?

Placeholders were the only thing that made OneDrive better than Dropbox and you removed it. Pretty disappointed. I hope you put it back to Windows. You could put a checkbox with "Use placeholders".

Expoter, Mar 9, 2018
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Mar 9, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    I don't think you can override the generic placeholder! (It may reside in a .dll somewhere)

The only way you're going to pull it off is to use a solid color background for the logon screen, then choose a 256X256 image the exact same color for your User icon...

Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709 [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 9, 2018
  6. >I don't think you can override the generic placeholder! (It may reside in a .dll somewhere)

So you do not believe that the regedit method described by @tracit99

Remove User Account Picture

from @EdTittel's post above will work?

03 Jun 2017 #4Edit: I would like to give credit to Gary Blok the person that helped me find this solution. GARYTOWN ConfigMgr Blog ConfigMgr, OSD, MDT, All the Fun Stuff It took me a while to find his name and website again.The method that I use does not remove the user account picture. Instead I use a transparent image and force Windows 10 to use that image. The end results is the appearance of no user account picture. This method works if you have not set an user account picture in Windows 10. I am not sure what will happen if you have all ready set an user account picture or if you automatically sync settings.

phaedruspress, Mar 9, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    Well, I'll be a sonnofab......!!!
    Darn right it works!!! Gonna hafta jot that one down for future reference!
    Let 'er rip mate, it works! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 9, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

Woo hoo! He shoots! He scores! Glad it worked for the OP all the same. After re-reading your posts, Edwin, I offered that option with some trepidation. Very glad to see it worked for you, too.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  9. Edwin New Member
    I really didn't think it would work anymore, but I had forgot about @tracit99 's method!
    Good stuff @tracit99 ! *Thumbs Thanks a bunch!

Edwin, Mar 10, 2018
  10. tracit99 Win User
    You welcome @Edwin and thank you @EdTittel for rembering my post.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709 - Similar Threads - Remove User Account

2. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...: I have removed my MS/OneDrive account from a 4 year old Dell laptop, and am using a Local Administrator Account to access the computer. However, in File Explorer I still can see my OneDrive Documents and Pictures. I thought removing a MS account also removes all associated...
  3. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...: I have removed my MS/OneDrive account from a 4 year old Dell laptop, and am using a Local Administrator Account to access the computer. However, in File Explorer I still can see my OneDrive Documents and Pictures. I thought removing a MS account also removes all associated...
  4. How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When the computer boots, and you get to the login screen, The user image with name is displayed. The image is one you have uploaded in User account picture or the profile picture connected with your Microsoft account. In this [...] This post How to remove...
  5. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account picture on lock-screen.: I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working. This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow: [img] I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread...
  6. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  7. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  8. Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 A user's sign-in screen by default in Windows 10. This tutorial will show you how to remove the user account picture on the sign-in...
  9. Remove User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...
  10. How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10

How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10: So I have no problem with my name showing when I need to log in with my password but the User Account Picture "icon" (see attached pic) messes up the custom background picture I am using and I want to get rid of it. A Google search came up with lots of info but the first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. placeholder on windows logon screen?

2. how to remove placeholder on windows 10 start screen?

3. remove placeholders windows 10 1709

4. remove loging picture placeholder on windows 10,
  5. service accounts and kernal 1709