Windows 10: Remove User Account Picture

Discus and support Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mmTalish33, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Remove User Account Picture

Pardon me if this is answered already.
    Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen.

I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in Anniversary update

:)

mmTalish33, Jun 2, 2017

2. REMOVAL OF USER ACCOUNT PICTURE

I want to remove the user account picture and can't for some reason. All I can find it how to CHANGE the picture and that's easy enough, but there is nothing in these forums that makes sense or even works. Help!!!

EllenWoods, Jun 2, 2017
  3. REMOVAL OF USER ACCOUNT PICTURE

Hi Ellen,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the user account profile. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account when accessing your computer?

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jun 2, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Remove User Account Picture

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Using a solid color works okay, but, if you have a background with shapes or graphics, it's almost impossible to get it bang on as Windows will re-size and dim the image for the logon screen.

Remove User Account Picture [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 2, 2017
  6. tracit99 Win User
    Edit: I would like to give credit to Gary Blok the person that helped me find this solution. GARYTOWN ConfigMgr Blog – ConfigMgr, OSD, MDT, All the Fun Stuff It took me a while to find his name and website again.

The method that I use does not remove the user account picture. Instead I use a transparent image and force Windows 10 to use that image. The end results is the appearance of no user account picture. This method works if you have not set an user account picture in Windows 10. I am not sure what will happen if you have all ready set an user account picture or if you automatically sync settings.

*Arrow Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Go to %ProgramData%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\ find and rename User-192.png to User-192.old.
    Download and copy from my Google Drive the User-192.png file (transparent although it will appear as a black square) to %ProgramData%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\.

The folder should look similar to this when you are done.

Now you must force Windows 10 to use this image. Open Registry editor and navigate to:

*Arrow Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    In the right pane right click and choose Add DWORD (32 Bit) Value (even if you have a 64 Bit system)
    Name it UseDefaultTile. Double click this new DWORD and set its value to 1.
    Here is how the Registry should look when you are done.

Now Log off/Sign out. You should not see the transparent user account picture now.

If you update Windows 10 to a later version (i.e. Windows Insider Preview) or if you run sfc /scannow you will have to go back and replace the User-192.png with the transparent User-192.png. So far the registry key has been unaffected.

tracit99, Jun 2, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    I simply set the lockscreen picture to use same file as account picture (black.png) and account picture the same, and then set loginscreen to be same as lockscreen.

cereberus, Jun 2, 2017
  8. tracit99 Win User

Yes that is a simple way to do this if you do not care to use Spotlight or a Picture besides black.png or Slideshow.

tracit99, Jun 2, 2017
  9. @tracit99 That worked for me despite the fact that i had already set an user account picture. I just deleted my old account picture from the folder and then followed your instructions.

Thank you for the help

Kind Regards!

mmTalish33, Jun 3, 2017
  10. tracit99 Win User
    Your are welcome. I am glad I was able to help you.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove User Account Picture - Similar Threads - Remove User Account

2. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...: I have removed my MS/OneDrive account from a 4 year old Dell laptop, and am using a Local Administrator Account to access the computer. However, in File Explorer I still can see my OneDrive Documents and Pictures. I thought removing a MS account also removes all associated...
  3. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...: I have removed my MS/OneDrive account from a 4 year old Dell laptop, and am using a Local Administrator Account to access the computer. However, in File Explorer I still can see my OneDrive Documents and Pictures. I thought removing a MS account also removes all associated...
  4. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. User Account Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Pictures: Excuse me, I have a problem after upgrading to windows 10 v2004 19041.508. I cant change my user account picture. How do I solve this ? Need help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-pictures/a42fae3f-c7ce-444e-95da-cee6fac71788
  6. User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Picture: Help! My User account (manage account, select picture) shows 2 pics to the right of the pic I have already selected. I have no idea where one of them came from & the other is a photo I just took, but I can't find its location on my computer. I want to delete these 'extra'...
  7. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account picture on lock-screen.: I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working. This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow: [img] I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread...
  8. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  9. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  10. How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10

How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10: So I have no problem with my name showing when I need to log in with my password but the User Account Picture "icon" (see attached pic) messes up the custom background picture I am using and I want to get rid of it. A Google search came up with lots of info but the first...