Windows 10: Remove User personalisation settings on logoff

Discus and support Remove User personalisation settings on logoff in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm setting up Group Policies for to controlling Windows 10 when we roll it out. I'm currently stuck on how to remove user personalisation on logoff.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by talltim, Oct 16, 2017.

1. talltim Win User

Remove User personalisation settings on logoff

I'm setting up Group Policies for to controlling Windows 10 when we roll it out. I'm currently stuck on how to remove user personalisation on logoff.
    For example if a user chooses a new color scheme that's OK. However when they log off that color scheme is used for the lock and logon screens for the next user. Once the next user is logged on they get their own color settings.
    I want the lock and logon screens to revert back to default Microsoft blue (behind the image*).

*To complicate things slightly I have used group policy to define a custom image for the lock and logon screens. This does work. However if a user chooses a high contrast theme the image is not displayed at all and the high contrast theme is present on the lock and logon screens until the next user logs on.

:)

talltim, Oct 16, 2017

2. ''Pin to Start' option dissappeared

Did the Policy values exist and you removed them? If so, you need to logoff and login back. If the Policy settings didn't exist, then you may check if this happens in another user profile. You may create one to test.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 16, 2017
  3. N95

It easy to remove those, you probably missed that page in the user manual.

Here's how to do it:

Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Personalisation > Standby Mode > Active Standby - Set to off.

psychomania---01, Oct 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Sounds like something you might do with a scheduled task, triggered 'on disconnect from a user session'.

But the actual action is another question..
    I use a task to reapply a theme on resuming (else background colour is lost). I wonder if that approach (applying a default theme) would be relevant.

dalchina, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Remove User personalisation settings on logoff - Similar Threads - Remove User personalisation

2. Personalised settings changing randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalised settings changing randomly: Hi,As per other users out there in the community I have my Personalised settings are changing from what I had set.In specific I have changed the background image to a slide show and setup a folder with pictures. I have also set colour format to Dark.The changes are: - the...
  3. Personalisation settings not saved.

Personalisation settings not saved.: I have quite a lot of problems with my Windows 10 computer and I have tried every solution possible. First, I LOVE to personalise and change my personalisation settings a lot, like the display wallpaper, the lockscreen wallpaper, etc. But there's a hindrance. Each time I turn...
  4. Display Settings and Personalise not working...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Settings and Personalise not working...: Hi Everyone, When I open any settings submenu, for example the desktop right click Personalise and Display Settings or the Clock's Date and Time Settings, the settings app quickly comes up then closes instantly. When I type ms-settings:display or ms-settings:personalise into...
  5. forcing a user to logoff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    forcing a user to logoff: Is there a way to force a user to log off at a specific time? My goal is to have my daughters account log her off at 9pm I thought there would be a local group policy, but there is not a setting for that. submitted by /u/bandion1 [link] [comments]...
  6. Idle logoff of users?

Idle logoff of users?: Are there any solutions to Idle logoff of users? I want to "logoff" the person that abandons their session and forgets to logout. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idle-logoff-of-users/9286638a-a850-41c1-95d5-5ab51947efba
  7. Personalise setting wont load.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalise setting wont load.: Hi, on my computer i want to change the theme of the PC but when i go to the settings for personalising it just will not load at all and will just stay on the windows setting cog. What do i do ?...
  8. Personalised settings on a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalised settings on a black screen: So, I let my PC update overnight and when I finally come back, I see a black screen and on the top left corner, a box labeled Personalised Settings. I've googled a few fixed for this and I think the best way to fix it is with task manager. But apparently, my task manager...
  9. personalisation settings

personalisation settings: when i go to personalisation of lockscreen it shows "some settings are hidden or managed by organisation" why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-settings/ca7a99ac-fae2-4724-9e75-cf2b7ddf8886
  10. Default PERSONALISATION settings

Default PERSONALISATION settings: I have messed up the Windows 10 PERSONALISATION screen. How may I REVERT to the ORIGINAL settings? 13281