Windows 10: Remove User

Discus and support Remove User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have tried everything thru control panel and settings to remove a user and I cannot. I bought my pc from a vendor who had it on display and added... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AFTommy, Dec 14, 2016.

1. AFTommy Win User

Remove User

I have tried everything thru control panel and settings to remove a user and I cannot. I bought my pc from a vendor who had it on display and added themselves as a user. Please help me. I cannot delete, copy or change the folder at all. There are no folders open and I have tried delete immediately after reboot.
    Remove User [​IMG]

:)

AFTommy, Dec 14, 2016

2. Removing a User

Yes that was my plan, I am just wondering if anyone knows like vitally important files that are stored in the user's file that keep the machine running. After digging around a bit, I believe everything important is stored outside of user files (which makes
    sense.)

Thanks for the reply, and reply with anything you can think of that would be vitally important to keep.

Stealthygamer02, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Removing a User

I have an old laptop that I want to give a new purpose. I figured an easier way to get rid of the excess files/data on the user was to login with a new user.

I'm aware that removing the user would make it lose all the data stored under its' user file, but are any important files (driver or something like that) stored under that user file? It used to be the admin, but I've already switched admin to the new user.

What is strictly needed to keep my computer running smoothly?

Thanks!

Stealthygamer02, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove User

Brink, Dec 14, 2016
  5. AFTommy Win User
    I have tried all methods described in the windows link you sent me. When I look up user though it only shows me and as "Administrator". When I open anything in explorer the window shows another user folder and anything I add to the desktop is auto inserted into that folder. I cannot delete it.

AFTommy, Dec 15, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok. Let's see what profile folder is currently set as the data value of the ProfileImagePath key for your account by looking at the same thing in steps 5-7 in OPTION TWO below. If it's the same as the one you are trying to delete, then that would be why you are unable to delete it since it's in use.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    When you got the PC, did you rename the user account to your own name? If so, that only changes the logon name, the user folder stays with it's old name. You may well be trying to delete your own user folder if that's the case.

Follow @Brink's advice and check the data value of the ProfileImagePath key, that may confirm my suspicions.

8. AFTommy Win User

Remove User

Brink and Bree
    I have tried everything, nothing worked including registry changes. I decided to return the pc to factory specifications and start over. Since I wasn't that far along, the only thing I lost was time. I appreciate both of your patience and assistance. May your holidays be Merry.

Remove User [​IMG]

AFTommy, Dec 16, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Tommy. I'm glad you got it sorted. I hope you have a Merry Christmas as well. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove User

1. Remove User - Similar Threads - Remove User

2. Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?: A few days ago, my microsoft account was hacked. My email was still somehow linked to it, but the hackers added their own suspicious emails. Microsoft did not stop them from signing in despite having a 2fa app enabled, somehow. So, I contacted their support, and I luckily got...
  3. Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?: A few days ago, my microsoft account was hacked. My email was still somehow linked to it, but the hackers added their own suspicious emails. Microsoft did not stop them from signing in despite having a 2fa app enabled, somehow. So, I contacted their support, and I luckily got...
  4. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  5. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  6. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

7. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After removing from the domain not getting other user option: ABCDef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-removing-from-the-domain-not-getting-other/6791b8f8-5106-4c4a-9778-e1d32bde953f
  8. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

After removing from the domain not getting other user option: ABCDef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-removing-from-the-domain-not-getting-other/6791b8f8-5106-4c4a-9778-e1d32bde953f
  9. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?

How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?: I setup a new computer.I was forced to use a Windows ID to setup the computer so I used my work Exchange email.Now the computer is setup, but for some reason the computer is linked to some Azure ID which I have no idea what that is.I do not want my computer to be locked via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove user thru netplwiz