Windows 10: Remove User's name from the logging in window.

Discus and support Remove User's name from the logging in window. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi All, I am looking for as way to remove the user's name from displaying after credentials have been provided and the machine is logging in. Our... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bruceressia, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Remove User's name from the logging in window.

Hi All,

I am looking for as way to remove the user's name from displaying after credentials have been provided and the machine is logging in. Our login time is between 9 to 18 seconds depending on load I would prefer that the user's name is not displayed on screen during this time.

:)

bruceressia, Aug 14, 2016

2. Problems syncing accounts.

Account Name: Windows Live

Download new content: hourly

Download email from: the last 7 days

Content to sync: Email

User Name: [address removed for privacy]

Server: m.hotmail.com

Logging: off (recommended)

BMorrisLumia800, Aug 14, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    user name change

Hi afshinsamimi, Windows 10 is different to previous versions of Windows . . .

While you can change the name on your User Profile in the Settings app, the name on the user profile folder will not change - Windows prevents that!

The only option you have is to create a new User Profile in the Settings App

Log into that new profile and copy over your data from the old user profiles folder

Then remove the old user profile:

To remove the old Profile, click your Start Button, type netplwiz and hit Enter

Select the old profile and click 'Remove'

DaveM121, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Remove User's name from the logging in window.

Hello bruceressia Welcome to the Ten Forums!

There are a few ways you can actually go about hiding things like the user name or email address whether or not an MS account linked or not from the 10 Lock Screen simply by way of the privacy setting. The other alternative option when not having multiple user accounts present and password secured would be the Automatic login to admin option available in the guides I can point you to.

The first regarding two different options in order to hide the account user name involces One: changing a security policy or Two: downloading and merging a reg mod file to make the change in the System Registry for you. Sign in Screen - Do Not Display User Name in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

For single user or single account machines where stopping to type in a password constantly on each start up is simply a total annoyance you can opt for the automatic sign in option. Or if multiple accounts are present sign into a standard not admin account automatically keeping a separate admin account locked up tight. Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup - Windows 10 Forums

So what if that admin account just happens to be linked for updates with an email address which just might also be an MS account which you don't want in plain view each time a system is powered up? A couple of options are seen in the first guide here before an additional privacy setting was later added into newer builds. Sign-in Screen Email Address - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The updated guided for the additional change seen by MS last fall is seen at Sign-in Screen Email Address - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Between those guides you should get things all set in no time! *Smile

Night Hawk, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Hi Night Hawk,

Thanks for getting back to me so quick and welcoming me to the forums. I am pretty squared away with this. I have the login screen showing just the username and password boxes.

We are on an AD and when users put in their credentials and login for a number of seconds whilst their local account is being setup their name appears on the screen (on Windows 7 you just got a "Welcome" screen, 8 and above it shows the users name). Most of our machines are in a public environment so we are looking for a way to not show the user's name after they authenticate. Is this possible?

bruceressia, Aug 14, 2016
  6. That might take a slight modification in the System registry itself other then what has already been provided in the guides here. I can understand the want of privacy for users in a public environment like a library for example. The guides here however are more or less orientated for the home user not intended for the corporate or other public situations.

The best strategy would be giving the first guide there a try to see how far you get. That is specific for hiding user name from view at sign in time which was the immediate item for the inquiry you made. The tweak should apply to all sign ins once applied. You might even try both the Security policy as well as second reg mod option to have both applied and check the results.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove User's name from the logging in window.

1. Remove User's name from the logging in window. - Similar Threads - Remove User's name

2. Cannot log in windows 11 with default user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in windows 11 with default user name: Since last evening 1/25/2023 I can not log in my personal computer w/windows 11. I used to log in with default user name *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and input password directly. Yesterday evening, it said that "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a...
  3. Cannot log in windows 11 with default user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in windows 11 with default user name: Since last evening 1/25/2023 I can not log in my personal computer w/windows 11. I used to log in with default user name *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and input password directly. Yesterday evening, it said that "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a...
  4. Removing previous owner's name from Windows Log In Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing previous owner's name from Windows Log In Screen: I am unable to remove the company name from the Windows 10 log in screen. I have followed all steps to change registered owner's name using regedit but it continues to show the original owner's name. What was weird was that I had to actually create a registered user and...
  5. Removing "Forth" User Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing "Forth" User Name: I am logged into my Microsoft Account as my user account on Windows 10 Pro. However, the name "Forth" keeps appearing in my file paths. For example: C:\Users\forth\Documents How do I change "Forth" so it is my actual name?...
  6. missing user name at log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    missing user name at log on: The moderator says he moved the post at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello-winpc/missing-windows-10-user-account/46382557-9aa1-45ad-a687-087ed9236948 ...to the appropriate forum category. When the ************* is the appropriate forum?...
  7. New Computer- Windows 10- Logged in wrong user, Can't remove that user from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer- Windows 10- Logged in wrong user, Can't remove that user from OneDrive: Hi! I set up a new computer, Windows 10, and signed in under Account 1. I later realized I needed to switch it to Account 2, which is now shown as the Administrator account on the settings for the computer. On OneDrive, Account 1 is still shown as the User and their files...
  8. user account name removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user account name removal: I am using a second hand HP laptop which was purchased from a second hand dealers electrical store and it constantly shows downloads going into user file with dollar dealers name. Q. how do I find where to remove their name and have my own??...
  9. Cant log on with user name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant log on with user name: I only have one user on my computer . while trying to make some changes I accendtial removed my user name. Help I cant' log in and I do not have a start up disk Is there a place where I can download one?...
  10. How to remove User Name from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove User Name from Start Menu?: Hi guys, Can you tell me how can I remove this? [img] 65970