Windows 10: Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen

Discus and support Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried the following. It worked but only for when I restart or shutdown my computer. But if I hibernate my computer, upon resuming, I get the sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jj2016, Jun 15, 2017.

1. jj2016 Win User

Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen

I tried the following. It worked but only for when I restart or shutdown my computer. But if I hibernate my computer, upon resuming, I get the sign in screen again. So, how can I disable or remove the welcome/sign in screen completely?

How to Skip the Windows 10 Login Screen

:)

jj2016, Jun 15, 2017

2. User Name

Since installing Windows 10 Pro, the initial Welcome screen (sign-in screen) shows my Microsoft sign-in twice.
    This is what appears on the initial sign-in screen:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

My user name on my PC is my First name and Last name. This is what I want to appear on the initial sign-in screen:

Firstname Lastname

How can I get my PC’s user name to appear on the Welcome Screen above my User Name?
    I do not want to sign in as a local account. I ran SFC and the result was that all files are ok.
    This problem did not occur with Windows 8 Pro.

Bradford Noel, Jun 15, 2017
  3. Change user name

Since installing Windows 10 Pro, the initial Welcome screen (sign-in screen) shows my Microsoft sign-in twice.
    This is what appears on the initial sign-in screen:

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

My user name on my PC is my First name and Last name.
    This is what I want to appear on the initial sign-in screen:

Firstname Lastname

How can I get my PC’s user name to appear on the Welcome Screen above my User Name?
    I do not want to sign in as a local account. I ran SFC and the result was that all files are ok.
    This problem did not occur with Windows 8 Pro.

Bradford Noel, Jun 15, 2017
  4. dacrone Win User

dacrone, Jun 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen - Similar Threads - Remove Welcome Sign

2. Help to remove the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help to remove the welcome screen: Help to remove the welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-remove-the-welcome-screen/f9361975-85e3-4394-b1c7-1606d50e4a0b
  3. Help to remove the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help to remove the welcome screen: Help to remove the welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-remove-the-welcome-screen/f9361975-85e3-4394-b1c7-1606d50e4a0b
  4. Help to remove the welcome screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Booting stick in welcome screen after sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting stick in welcome screen after sign in: So after updating Windows yesterday I start my PC and now it will never boot until desktop. It will stick at the welcome after signing in. I restarted the machine 3 times now with different time so that it will not get error message but still ongoing issue. How can I get pass...
  6. Booting stick in welcome screen after sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting stick in welcome screen after sign in: So after updating Windows yesterday I start my PC and now it will never boot until desktop. It will stick at the welcome after signing in. I restarted the machine 3 times now with different time so that it will not get error message but still ongoing issue. How can I get pass...
  7. Sign In and welcome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In and welcome: Today when I tried to log on to my PC it didnt work. It would load the spinning welcome freeze and then go a little more and then freeze completely. I also cannot boot into safe mode...
  8. Remove "Welcome" screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove "Welcome" screen?: So I have this problem after a fresh install where instead of booting directly to the desktop like my other computer used to do, now when I press the power button it displays this screen where it says "Welcome" and then boots onto the desktop. Is there anyway to remove this?...
  9. Remove welcome screen from autologon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove welcome screen from autologon: Hi! I need remove or skip welcome screen. I set up autologon, but i still see welcome screen. i want see my Desktop After windows boot. Is this possible?...
  10. Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen: Hi, I'm currently running windows 10 pro.64-bit - version 1803 build 17134.81 , on the computer I'm typing this post on. I really thought by now that the developer's of windows 10 would have provided a method to disable/delete the spotlight circle that's displayed on the...