Windows 10: Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)?

Discus and support Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well I like the new agenda available at my clock, but is there a way to remove the unsightly white border around the date? I know it goes away when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krytoned, Aug 4, 2016.

1. krytoned Win User

Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)?

Well I like the new agenda available at my clock, but is there a way to remove the unsightly white border around the date? I know it goes away when I click on a blank space, but it comes back again everytime I click on the clock in the taskbar.

Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)? [​IMG]

:)

krytoned, Aug 4, 2016

2. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

I have windows 10 and I recently noticed that there is a lined white border around any desktop icon after I click on it. The border goes from one icon to another icon when I click on the other icon.

How do I remove this border?

Please help!

Kenneth Pincus, Aug 4, 2016
  3. How customize personalize settings?

Original Title: Moar colors, less white please

Hey there,

Anyone else disappointed by the lack of personnalisation? All that white looks clean and fancy, but it's actually roasting my eyeballs pretty badly. Not to mention that it's near impossible to see at a glance whether a window is active or not (in win 8.1
    white = inactive, color = active). There is a method to change the color, but it makes the text inelligible and it adds an ugly border around things.

Glasofruix, Aug 4, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

Just curious; are you using a theme or a high contrast option?

aardvark, Aug 4, 2016
  5. krytoned Win User
    I'm not using any high contrast option. I am using a theme, but the white border persists even when I change to a default Microsoft theme.

krytoned, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)? - Similar Threads - Remove white border

2. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White borders around context box.: So, I just recently reinstalled windows and decided to customize it as I didn't really do it as much before, and as I set my default theme to be dark, I noticed that when I open the context box there's white borders around the box which I find annoying and I'm wondering if I...
  3. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White borders around context box.: So, I just recently reinstalled windows and decided to customize it as I didn't really do it as much before, and as I set my default theme to be dark, I noticed that when I open the context box there's white borders around the box which I find annoying and I'm wondering if I...
  4. White shady border around screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White shady border around screen: Hi, can anyone help me? When I turned on my laptop this morning it had a white shady/translucent border around the whole screen. I have tried updating the display drivers and graphics cards and it has not helped. My laptop is an Acer Swift Notebook SF314-42. It uses AMD...
  5. white border around profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white border around profile picture: with every profile picture that I apply, there seems to be a white border around it as shown in the picture. this is consistent with every picture, no matter what it is. I have checked elsewhere, and the pictures itself don't have any sort of border. Is there any way to fix...
  6. white border around profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white border around profile picture: with every profile picture that I apply, there seems to be a white border around it as shown in the picture. this is consistent with every picture, no matter what it is. I have checked elsewhere, and the pictures itself don't have any sort of border. Is there any way to fix...
  7. white border around profile picture

8. White border around profile picture

White border around profile picture: When uploading my profile picture, there is always an ugly white border around it. How can i get rid of this? This happens with other pictures also so its not a problem with my picture....
  9. White Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White Border Around Desktop Icon: Whenever I resize my desktop Icons a white border appears around it. Whenever I refresh , it disappears, but when I singe click an icon it reappears again. I need to restart Windows Explorer to get rid of it but in doing so, my system tray icons disappear and will appear...
  10. border around items in the taskbar

border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...