Windows 10: Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant

Discus and support Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Really annoying, windows 10 launches its upgrade assistant every few days as soon as it gets online. I kill it with task manager and uninstall it, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Registerzune, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant

Really annoying, windows 10 launches its upgrade assistant every few days as soon as it gets online. I kill it with task manager and uninstall it, and it goes back after a few days. How do i completely kill it, remove it, uninstall it? And no, i choose when or should i like to update windows at all, hate forced updates. I really havent any interest in creator upgrade, or any of those funny names they come up with. I use the now unsupported win10 summer 2015 build and wont update. I use windows for a few pc games that i play and like, and havent the slightest interest in any recent windows 10 updates. Any solutions, other than getting a mac, reverting to other windows, and such?

:)

Registerzune, Nov 28, 2017

2. Hi You all! how many have this on your desktop?

Windows 10 upgrade assistant facilitates the latest upgrade to Windows 10 builds, the latest one being Windows 10 creators update. The upgrade assistant has been installed to Install Windows 10 creators update. You can remove it from add or remove programs.

Hope that helps!

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Issues in completely removing Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Hi,

As you may already know, Windows Updates helps in keeping your system secure and have the latest features and improvements. The
    Windows 10 Update Assistant downloads and starts the installation of the latest version of Windows 10. Uninstalling the Update Assistant means you may have to regularly check for Windows Updates. The following are steps on how to have it uninstalled:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and hit Enter.
    • Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
    • Select Windows Update Assistant and click
      Uninstall.

Let us know if you need further help.

Darian Tab, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant

Brink, Nov 28, 2017
  5. I mean the assistant that splashes as soon as it detects online. Ive tried deleting the win10upgrade folder, uninstalling with ctrl panel, it will reappear eventually. How do i rip it out?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 28, 2017
  7. Could i disable that update with regedit?

8. Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant

currentcontrolset has this right?

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant

1. Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant - Similar Threads - Remove upgrade assistant

2. Windows 10 Upgrade & Troubleshooting Assistance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade & Troubleshooting Assistance: Good Day everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me, I am really struggling to upgrade windows 10 to any version, I will list all the various things I have tried but I'm no expert this is from reading multiple forums and troubleshooting steps.These are the steps I've taken to...
  3. Using Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant in parts

Using Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant in parts: Windows was to be re installed on my PC. Due to some problems in my Windows 20h2 media, I had to install 1607 from another media. Now, I am on Windows 10 1607 and wanted to upgrade my PC to 20h2, so I used upgrade assistant. It was on 87% and my daily data exhausted. I want...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: Hello. I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Update Assistant. It have been downloaded like three times now, in any time I can downloaded all. This last time it still running and is stuck in 99% for the third day now. I NEED to get the...
  5. windows 10 upgrade assistant

windows 10 upgrade assistant: why does windows 10 upgrade assistant lock up my computer? it seems the only way to get my computer running again is to switch off power supply, sometimes have to even remove battery and then replace it....
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware: Please be of assistance I run Windows 10 on my laptop. For some weeks now a shortcut appears on my desktop named "Windows 10 Update Assistant" and even when uninstalling this it just simply reappear every time over and over again and this is not a Microsoft linked product....
  7. Assistance Request after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assistance Request after upgrade to Windows 10: Hello everyone, First post here and hoping someone may be able to help. There may possibly be an answer to this problem already but after spending over hour and half trying I have been unable to find it so if there is I apologise for duplication. I am not the most...
  8. Deleted Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Deleted Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: After using Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant in the distant past I just recently deleted that file. Was that a mistake? 93682
  9. windows 10 upgrade assistant.

windows 10 upgrade assistant.: Is there need to keep the windows 10 upgrade assistant? Can one now delete it? Had a rather large upgrade yesterday winver >>>>1607 14393 187 Many thanks once again. 63763
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing: A week or two ago, I saw an icon appear on my desktop labeled "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant". At the same time, I received a windows prompt asking me to upgrade "to the latest version of Windows 10". I had switched to windows 10 64-bit from windows 8.1 64-bit around 9-10...