Windows 10: Removed Features

Discus and support Removed Features in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, what's up with some of these "very useful" features being removed? I mean, i can't remember all of them as i'm writing this topic, but right now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlexRD, Nov 3, 2015.

1. AlexRD Win User

Removed Features

So, what's up with some of these "very useful" features being removed?
    I mean, i can't remember all of them as i'm writing this topic, but right now i can see that:

Aero glass has been removed, instead we're left with this quasi-aero effect on the taskbar, meanwhile the windows have no transparency at all.

Sound mixer, to control the volumes of each program individually.

Losing the ability to open my computer directly, instead having to use whatever the hell file explorer is.

And for whatever reason, these new streamlined settings menu are actually less detailed than the old ones. Why are they trying to mimic phones settings? Whenever i open the settings menu, i'm instantly reminded of my galaxy's settings menu.

Also, is it just me or the taskbar icons are smaller, even when the small icons option is not selected?

:)

AlexRD, Nov 3, 2015
  2. CJLim Win User

Nokia 5800_some features removed?????

The tv output socket as not functional on some units with a sticker on the box only. This was due to a temporary component shortage some time back. TV output was the only feature that was affected. I believe all units went back to normal with tv output
    once the component shortage was resolved.

CJLim, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Nokia 5800_some features removed?????

I was comparing Nokia 5800 model specifications of Nokia USA site with that on Nokia India site.

Nokia USA site clearly states that this model support 'Tv Out' & also 3.5 mm Nokia AV connector is being provided. Nokia India site, however is silent on it.

Following is the additional featues (relating to Tv out) in Nokia USA site::

Connectors :: 3.5 mm Nokia AV connector, * TV out interface (CA-75U)

Local connectivity and synchronization :: TV out with Nokia Video Connectivity Cable (CA-75U, in-box)

Music and audio playback : 3.5 mm Nokia AV connector

Nokia USA site::
    http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-and-software/product-support/5800xm-support/specifications

Nokia India site::
    http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/nokia-5800-xpressmusic/specifications

I really want to know whom I can contact in Nokia to sort it out. Please let me know who is the right person/ department in Nokia.

It is not that I am dying for this feature, but if at almost same price I can get the product with this feature, that why not.....If this feature was stopped because of shortage of some kind, & if it has been sorted out, then why is it still not been updated
    in Nokia India site & why have dealers not been informed of the same?????

Thanks..

mohitd---01, Nov 3, 2015
  4. poset Win User

Removed Features

From the top of my head:

• Inability to rename network profiles, especially when you are roaming across different LANs (all you can get is "Network 1", "Network 2" and so on).
    • Inability to merge network profiles. Additionally this makes your life harder if you want to manage default printers for multiple locations.
    • Changing network type is no longer easy and straightforward and you can only choose between public/private (no "company" type anymore unless it is a domain). It limits your control over firewall rules.
    • Limited control over Defender settings (as compared to Windows 7 MSE)
    • Very limited control over user experience
    • Very limited control over updates
    • Dumb, very dumb UI for Settings
    • No jumplists for frequently used apps in the Start Menu (supposed to be back in TH2)

poset, Nov 3, 2015
  5. AlexRD Win User
    Exactly, i know being open minded is good, but what's good about limiting user option?

For the average user, forcing updates is good, since most people just postpone it and miss out on important security updates, but come on, if i'm not the average user, please give me more control over my computer.

AlexRD, Nov 3, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    I understand most of your rant but will respond only to "having to use whatever the hell file explorer is".
    File Explorer in Win8, Win8.1 and Win10 is what was called Windows Explorer in Win7 and earlier versions back to Win95 and File Manager in Win3.11 and earlier, just a name change from what most of us have learned about using Windows. It is a file management application and the heart of Windows, if File Explorer doesn't work properly neither does Windows. If File Explorer opens when Windows is started then usually a setting has been applied or misapplied in the Startup function.

Berton, Nov 3, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    If Aero is really a must for , just buy Aero Glass for Windows 8. It's a donationware, $3 at the least, I believe. Right click the volume icon. Sound mixer. Voila! Search for Change desktop icons, add Computer to desktop, right click it and click Pin to Start. Voila! The settings are just as "detailed" as the old ones in Control Panel. Give me an example where they are not detailed.

8. AlexRD Win User

Removed Features

Pretty sure its Voila.

AlexRD, Nov 3, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    Thank autocorrect for that.

Thema:

Removed Features

1. Removed Features - Similar Threads - Removed Features

2. How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety: Hi,I need a resolution to this:Upfront Microsoft states "If in USA, EU, Brazil, legislation requires adult consent." I am in Australia, a parent aged over 50 and have had enough of this Microsoft family safety features for my son."I buy a computer for him, make him...
  3. How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety: Hi,I need a resolution to this:Upfront Microsoft states "If in USA, EU, Brazil, legislation requires adult consent." I am in Australia, a parent aged over 50 and have had enough of this Microsoft family safety features for my son."I buy a computer for him, make him...
  4. windows 11 media player - why was feature to play at a metronome speed removed. It's now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 media player - why was feature to play at a metronome speed removed. It's now...: windows 11 media player - why was feature to play at a metronome speed removed. It's now unusable for me as an amateur musician . Slow medium fast is not enough....
  5. windows 11 media player - why was feature to play at a metronome speed removed. It's now...

windows 11 media player - why was feature to play at a metronome speed removed. It's now...: windows 11 media player - why was feature to play at a metronome speed removed. It's now unusable for me as an amateur musician . Slow medium fast is not enough....
  6. removing family features from my device or laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing family features from my device or laptop: Every time you try to watch a movie there is the popup of family features I have tried everything and nothing works can someone please help?...
  7. removing family features from my device or laptop

removing family features from my device or laptop: Every time you try to watch a movie there is the popup of family features I have tried everything and nothing works can someone please help?...
  8. Need help with Windows 11 0x80070005 error after feature update removed Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Windows 11 0x80070005 error after feature update removed Admin privileges: Device name Ryzen5_4500XT with RTX 5700XT GPUProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 4500 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz tomahawk B550 moboInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usable Device ID 16AA4225-6208-4EB1-A241-47BD0FD8DF30 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA653 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  9. Need help with Windows 11 0x80070005 error after feature update removed Admin privileges

Need help with Windows 11 0x80070005 error after feature update removed Admin privileges: Device name Ryzen5_4500XT with RTX 5700XT GPUProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 4500 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz tomahawk B550 moboInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usable Device ID 16AA4225-6208-4EB1-A241-47BD0FD8DF30 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA653 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  10. Windows development implementing miliions of useless features, and removing actual helpfull...

Windows development implementing miliions of useless features, and removing actual helpfull...: Hi,Why do windows development contstantly remove good features, and keep adding useless backgroup stuff that keep wasting system resources.example, we used to be able to move out taskbar around, left, top or right of screen,we used to be able to group and ungroup taskbar...