Windows 10: removing a Microsoft account

Discus and support removing a Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to remove a Microsoft account from my laptop. I no longer have access to this account so can't log in to manage it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by corbasse11, Jul 11, 2018.

1. removing a Microsoft account

I am trying to remove a Microsoft account from my laptop. I no longer have access to this account so can't log in to manage it.

:)

corbasse11, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Maria Fab Win User

removing a Microsoft account

removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

removing a Microsoft account

1. removing a Microsoft account - Similar Threads - removing Microsoft account

2. REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Hello, My personal email is administrator on my work's pc and I want to remove it and to change it. How can I do this? Thanks in advanced. Recently, Athina Ap....
  3. Microsoft account removal

Microsoft account removal: I recently got a new Xbox, and with it came a free month of game pass. So, I tried to log into my Microsoft on my friends family computer in order to download a few games from game pass for my friend to play. What I didn't realize, was that the User that I was logged into...
  4. Removing microsoft accounts

Removing microsoft accounts: I'm added a Microsoft account to my device because it told me to add another one despite I had an account on it originally in the first place, please can you help me remove my Microsoft account from this device without deleting the account entirely...
  5. Removing Microsoft Account

Removing Microsoft Account: I am returning a PC to the store due to damage. How do I remove my Microsoft Account from the PC before returning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-microsoft-account/eb8bdd04-0fd3-4260-9f8f-8c6b758f1870
  6. microsoft account removal

microsoft account removal: I have more than one microsoft account. This happened while I was trying to satisfy logins and passwords. I now have one account set up to automatically work when I use it to sign in. How do I remove the other accounts now? I don't want to go through frustrating sequences of...
  7. Remove Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Microsoft account.: Im signed into 3 different microsoft accounts on my pc. 2 of them being my friends accounts. For some reason my computer has decided to make my friends account the main account and listed in "your info". I did not do this. It should be my account and I have no idea how to...
  8. Removing a Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft account: I recently removed a Microsoft account on my computer that didn't have the remove button but found a way to get a button to remove it, I can still log into the account, its still there, hiw can i get rid of it?...
  9. Microsoft Account Not Removable

Microsoft Account Not Removable: Hello! I have a pop-up that lets me know that there has been an error signing into one of my Microsoft Student accounts, but there is no option to remove the account in my settings tab. Here is an image of the Email and Accounts page showing both accounts. The email can...
  10. Microsoft Account removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account removal: I have a spare laptop which I am giving to my son,I use my Microsoft Account to log in and want to know how to remove the log in details from the laptop.If it isn't possible to completely remove my Account is there a way to hide my Account and log in details,Thanks 40285