Windows 10: Removing an item in Language menu

Discus and support Removing an item in Language menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 I want to remove the language menu "Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) United States-International K...". Could anyone tells me how to do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Benyl, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Benyl Win User

Removing an item in Language menu

In Windows 10 I want to remove the language menu "Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) United States-International K...". Could anyone tells me how to do it?

TIA

Removing an item in Language menu [​IMG]

:)

Benyl, Aug 28, 2018

2. Some Menu Items are now Polish language

I'm at my wife's HP Envy laptop. Windows 10 is fully updated. I am very confused because several of the Start Menu items are now in Polish language, and if you open the apps, operate in that language too. (I think it's Polish.)

Everything else seems to remain in English. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

She's very careful about such things, so I don't think anything strange has been installed.

Thanks, Barry

Appalbarry, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2018
  4. dhoshaw Win User

No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing an item in Language menu - Similar Threads - Removing item Language

2. Remove some context menu items for folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove some context menu items for folders: So I download qttabbar, decided I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But it left these items in the folder context menu. Is there a program I can install or a .bat file or something? These menu items are a eyesore, and they don't do anything....
  3. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  4. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  5. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. remove icons from ribbon menu items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove icons from ribbon menu items: I don't like Microsoft substituting and adding icons for text words.Can I remove the icons and just use text words in menus and clickable items? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icons-from-ribbon-menu-items/8d6f82ca-3081-4296-87e6-9997afa32395
  7. How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items: I have 30 laptops we use in our school environment. I want to reduce the visual distractions for the student on the Start menu. I have been looking for a way to remove "Settings" and "Windows Security" from the User Menu. These are not located in the two places that I know...
  8. Remove an item from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772
  9. Remove an item from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772
  10. Some Menu Items are now Polish language

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Menu Items are now Polish language: I'm at my wife's HP Envy laptop. Windows 10 is fully updated. I am very confused because several of the Start Menu items are now in Polish language, and if you open the apps, operate in that language too. (I think it's Polish.) Everything else seems to remain in English....