Windows 10: Removing button from the Action Center area

Discus and support Removing button from the Action Center area in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Let's say I used the following command to uninstall OneNote from Windows 10 Pro machine Code: Get-AppxPackage *onenote* |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndreyT, Oct 15, 2015.

1. AndreyT Win User

Removing button from the Action Center area

Let's say I used the following command to uninstall OneNote from Windows 10 Pro machine

Code: Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] It did what it was supposed to do and successfully uninstalled OneNote. However, I notice that the "Note" button still persists in the Action Center notifier popup. Once OneNote is uninstalled, clicking on "Note" makes Windows to offer installing an application from Store.

Is there any civil way to remove that "Note" button from Action Center? I know that I can hide it by collapsing the button stack, but what about the complete removal?

:)

AndreyT, Oct 15, 2015
  2. koknesis Win User

Action Centre button remove

Hello!

As I own desktop PC, I find several buttons in the Action Center redundant. Nevertheless, i cannot find a way to remove or hide them. Buttons 'tablet mode' and 'location' are greyed out, but still there. Is there a way to remove these and other buttons from
    the Action Center?

koknesis, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Cant see my Desktop

Click / Tap the Action Center icon in the notification area, and turn off "Tablet mode" toggle button.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 15, 2015
  4. ltwally Win User

This is an old thread, but I have the same issue. Anyone know how to kill-off the "Note" button still in the Action Center?

ltwally, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Removing button from the Action Center area - Similar Threads - Removing button Action

2. Action center frozen on clicking any button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center frozen on clicking any button: My action centre got frozen and it won't open if closed in 22H2 Windows 11 Windows Insider Preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-frozen-on-clicking-any-button/94703b19-59a5-472c-9604-159256ea15e2
  3. Remove unwanted messages from Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove unwanted messages from Action Center: How do I get this out of my Action Center? It keeps reappearing day after day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-unwanted-messages-from-action-center/af35aef2-9109-4255-a15e-8cb77c90d494
  4. Remove unwanted messages from Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove unwanted messages from Action Center: How do I get this out of my Action Center? It keeps reappearing day after day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-unwanted-messages-from-action-center/af35aef2-9109-4255-a15e-8cb77c90d494
  5. Remove unwanted messages from Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Action Center/Notification Area Disappears Prematurely

Action Center/Notification Area Disappears Prematurely: I just completed the V. 2004 update, and immediately noticed a change in behavior. When I open the Action Center/Notification Area, the window disappears as soon as the cursor leaves the Icon Tile, before I can even get the cursor into the AC/NA window. This behavior is...
  7. How to remove Screen snip quick action from Notofications and action center

How to remove Screen snip quick action from Notofications and action center: My main goal is to restrict all of my users from taking screen shots. All of my system is under Active Directory Domain Controller. I was able to uninstall the "Snip & Sketch" app by running the following Power Shell command: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.ScreenSketch -AllUsers...
  8. Help Removing Action Center.

Help Removing Action Center.: I have Windows 10 version 1809 Pro 64-bit. I have used the Group Policy Editor to enable the setting "User Configuration" >> "Administrative" >> "Start Menu and Taskbar" >> "Remove Notifications and Action Center". I then rebooted the computer. The icon is still showing...
  9. No button for bluetooth in action center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No button for bluetooth in action center: Hello, I am brand new to Windows 10 Pro--have had it for just about a week on a Dell Optiplex. The documentation states that to turn on bluetooth, there should be a button in the action center on the bottom left corner of the taskbar. I don't have this button--grayed...
  10. Start button and action center button lose functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and action center button lose functionality: We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't shutdown correctly' (Safe Mode screen) never appeared and it seemed to boot normally. Ever since, even after a couple of...