Windows 10: Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

Discus and support Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by STiGzag, Aug 27, 2016.

1. STiGzag Win User

Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I had it this way previously, but since reinstalling Windows I have not been able to get it back.

I have 'Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen' disabled under Settings > Personalization > Lock screen, but this doesn't seem to have an effect. Any ideas?

Image of what I'm looking to remove:

Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen [​IMG]

:)

STiGzag, Aug 27, 2016

2. Delete images in Windows 10 Lock Screen

Don it is not that we want to put on slideshow we wish to continue using spotlight but remove our own pictures from spotlight and the lock screen.

ciarafisher, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Delete images in Windows 10 Lock Screen

This did not help images that i have used previously in the past still seem to be finding there way to my lock screen even though i have it set to Spotlight. I would like to keep spotlight on but remove my photos from the lock screen

ciarafisher, Aug 27, 2016
  4. STiGzag Win User

Finally found an answer to my own question...

Edit Group Policy (gpedit.msc) > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content > Do not suggest third-party content in Windows spotlight

Disable this setting, problem solved. Hopefully that saves someone else the headache...

STiGzag, Sep 2, 2016
  5. jimbob Win User
    Thank you for coming back and posting the solution!

Question: do you mean disable or enable the setting?

Because it's a double negative: if you disable not suggesting == do suggest

a bit confusing.

jimbob, Oct 19, 2016
  6. Markos Win User
    Thanks a lot! I have been irritated for weeks with this stupid enforced update. I was not able to find out how to switch it off, even a Microsoft employee could not help me (via chat). This is the first I am really disappointed with Microsoft. Anyway, could you elaborate more on how to fix this? I do not understand where to find this file.

Markos, Nov 22, 2016
  7. sheFs Win User
    I don't seem to have cloud content under windows components. I am using version 1511 - 10586.713 Anything I'm missing?

sheFs, Dec 19, 2016
  8. tofury Win User

Instructions I followed (and OP offered) can be found at
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen (Windows 10)

There are two - one is for 3rd party apps that still leaves microsoft ads. The other so far has seemed to remove the microsoft ads, but I still get little floating text boxes which is obnoxious.

tofury, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen - Similar Threads - Removing Edge links

2. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  3. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  4. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove tip links from lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove tip links from lock screen: How can I remove the tip links from the lock screen image in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-tip-links-from-lock-screen/71412f6e-8237-4ff3-bd17-eff38934541a
  6. Windows Spotlight is missing from Lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight is missing from Lock screen: I noticed Windows Lockscreen is missing from "Background" dropdown list in Settings>Personalization>Lock screen, is there any way to re-enable it? The Assets folder from AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState doesn't exist...
  7. Lock screen spotlight links not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen spotlight links not working: The links on my spotlight lock screen do not work anymore. Previously, when I would click on them, it would make me sign in, then immediately bring up Edge and go to the link. It doesn't do this anymore. It makes me sign in, but doesn't bring up Edge anymore, instead it...
  8. spotlight lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    spotlight lock screen: without waiting a week or two for windows to display the "Like what you see?" question, how do I find out what I'm looking at in my spotlight lock screen??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-lock-screen/ad43af1f-2c08-4456-8424-3e56c3709553
  9. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  10. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen