Windows 10: Removing folder from library without deleting it

Discus and support Removing folder from library without deleting it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; One of my folders appears in 2 libraries. If I delete the folder from the wrong library, it gets actually deleted from both libraries AND ALSO FROM MY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aca, Nov 15, 2017.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

Removing folder from library without deleting it

One of my folders appears in 2 libraries.
    If I delete the folder from the wrong library, it gets actually deleted from both libraries AND ALSO FROM MY "DOCUMENTS" and sent to the bin.
    How can I remove it from that wrong library but not from my Documents nor from my other library (I have Windows 10).

:)

2. Windows 10. How to remove items from the Library without deleting content?

The directions are a little different, at least in Windows 10.

If you want to remove a folder from a library, without deleting the actual folder, right-click on the library that you want to remove it from. Select the
    Properties option. This will show you a list of its Library locations. Select the folder (aka library location, that is, the folder and its drive) that you want to remove. Click the
    Remove button. Click the OK button.

Bob Campbell, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Delete folders in Libraries

I am trying to delete a folders under the library of Videos and Documents. These folders do not exist so I try to delete I get an error message.

Location is not available

So it will not let me delete this folder from the library.

Any ideas how to delete or remove these (ghost folders) that don't exist anymore and are still listed in my library.

Thanks.

oneview0505, Nov 15, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 15, 2017
  5. ACA
    aca Win User
    Thank you, Brink; exactly what I needed. It works perfectly.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing folder from library without deleting it - Similar Threads - Removing folder library

2. that is "remove location from library"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  3. How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?: The title says it all. I like using the Photos App to view my photos. However, I do not want it to display every photo, only ones from a folder that I specify. I went to Folders > Add a folder and added my "Photos" folder. However, I forgot that it had some photos that I...
  4. How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?: The title says it all. I like using the Photos App to view my photos. However, I do not want it to display every photo, only ones from a folder that I specify. I went to Folders > Add a folder and added my "Photos" folder. However, I forgot that it had some photos that I...
  5. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  6. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  7. Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?: Alright guys, I actually do use OneDrive, and I am not trying to remove the app entirely. However, it seems like if I remove the OneDrive folder from my libraries (music, pictures, documents), next boot they show right back up. This is incredibly annoying as I actually...
  8. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...
  9. How to delete an empty folder from a library?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete an empty folder from a library?: . The attached screenshot shows an empty Downloads folder in a Win XP-type of folder setup. I accidentally moved this empty folder from my C:\Users folder. The folder is empty because my Downloads are actually on the E partition, as you can see from the screenshot. The...
  10. Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10: How to: Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 How to Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be...