Windows 10: removing left over Vipre files

Discus and support removing left over Vipre files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had Vipre Internet Security on my laptop for 3 years. I decided when the subscription ran out that I wasn't going to use it anymore, and so I went... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oneandonlymarilyn, Jul 31, 2018.

1. removing left over Vipre files

I had Vipre Internet Security on my laptop for 3 years. I decided when the subscription ran out that I wasn't going to use it anymore, and so I went to my control panel and uninstalled it from my laptop. After the uninstall, Vipre kept (and still does) sending me messages about assorted things it was doing, for example, a window pops up and says it has detected a new network and did I want to use it, (or something to that effect), I would x it out and it would pop up again, and again. It keeps telling me I need to update the virus definitions, and other little things here and there. I thought I uninstalled it? But apparently I have not gotten rid of it. Now I want to install a new anti virus program, that I am hoping will do the job I need done, but it won't install because it keeps telling me I need to uninstall Vipre first. I no longer have Vipre in my "Add/Remove" section in my Control Panel. I have found a large Vipre file in my OS C: drive system files, but when I try to delete it I get the dreaded message "This action can't be completed because the folder or file is open in another program". I went to "Regedit" and start removing Vipre bit by bit, but OMG I did it for 30 minutes and still have not gotten all of the Vipre files out of my registry, I am tired of this and I am hoping there is a "tool" out there that will do the removal for me instead of having to do it manually. Any suggestions? All advise will be taken into consideration.

Thank you in advance for your help, and I hope I know how to get back to my message to see if there are any replies. LOL

Marilyn

P.S.

Please talk in "blonde friendly" language. And hopefully any recommended tool will be blond friendly tool.

:)

oneandonlymarilyn, Jul 31, 2018

2. vipre security system

The correct way to remove most Anti-virus programs is from within its program group Uninstall shortcut in

Start Menu > All Programs
    or by using
    Apps & features in Windows 10
    or
    Programs and Features
    (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel
    as explained here. If it's not listed there, the next step would be to open Window's
    Explorer, manually navigate to the program's folder itself, look for an uninstaller file (i.e. uninstall.exe) and double-click on it to run. In other cases you may have to
    launch the antivirus setup (installation) file and
    in the menu there may be options listed to Reinstall, Repair, or
    Remove (uninstall). Be sure to reboot the computer when done.

Sometimes the uninstall works more effectively if you first stop and disable the
    program's service
    (and associated processes in Task Manager) or perform the removal in

safe mode
    so there are less processes which can interfere with the uninstallation.

quietman7 - MVP, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Vipre and Windows 10

Would like to install Vipre on my Luminia mobile phone Suggestions?

patriciagrinnan, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

removing left over Vipre files

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

removing left over Vipre files

1. removing left over Vipre files - Similar Threads - removing left Vipre

2. Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software: I unnstalled Surfshark VPN from my PC and some files are left over in a folder on Drive C. When I tried to remove it, I got a message "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder". Subsequently, after chat with Support Agent, I tried to delete it by...
  3. Is it safe to delete these left-over Avast files/folders?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to delete these left-over Avast files/folders?: A couple of months ago, I stopped using Avast Security as it seemed to have interfered with several computer/software functions. And, now rely on Defender, Spywareblaster and Malwarebytes. I thought that I had completely uninstalled Avast using its uninstaller (and/or free...
  4. chkdsk left overs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk left overs: Hello --- I had a problem with one of my drives so I rand chkdsk to correct the issues --- it completed ok, fix the problem, but after a closer look, I found found.xxx folder. the files in these folders were old and the most part were just leftover so I deleted...
  5. Hi! I'm curious if there is a program that finds unused or files left over by...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi! I'm curious if there is a program that finds unused or files left over by...: Sometimes I find random unused or empty maps/files in my drives and I was wondering if there is such program that finds them and removes them submitted by /u/GR3AC [link] [comments]...
  6. Taskbar icons moved over to the left...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons moved over to the left...: Hello and hope you're all keeping well, This morning I suddenly realised that some of my taskbar icons had moved over to the left... Normally I only have the Windows start icon on the left then the usual show hidden icons/speaker/network/ time/date icons on the right. In...
  7. Removal of Software left over files from programme data and app local data and where ever it is

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of Software left over files from programme data and app local data and where ever it is: Hello Sir, Thanks a lot for helping me for the quickest reply . Sir I see my C drive is almost full I have uninstalled lot of software from uninstall problem. However I see some files in programme data or in applocal data. Can you please tell me how to remove all the left...
  8. Laplink/VIPRE - slow file transfer (Win 7/10)

Laplink/VIPRE - slow file transfer (Win 7/10): After many years of successful use, Laplink Gold file transfer software has become increasingly problematic to run alongside VIPRE Antivirus Security (using LLG USB black cable between Win 7 x64 systems). This was first encountered about a year ago. Latterly LLG...
  9. VIPRE Virus definitions fail to down load.

VIPRE Virus definitions fail to down load.: Win10 Defender Security Center is telling I have a virus protection problem. Need help in resolving my VIPRE definitions down load problem. Rebooted , recycled power... looking for an answer please... Thank you...
  10. Left over files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left over files?: Hey, Does anyone know where the left over files and/or folders are when you install a program after you've uninstalled, I am now using Revo but I am not convinced that all files are deleted before the use of Revo. Thank you. 28696

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing back up files from vipre advanced security?