Windows 10: Removing 'mystery' partitions after upgrade to Win 10

Discus and support Removing 'mystery' partitions after upgrade to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You'd first backup all partitions and then restore in the order you want using Macrium's recovery disk (usb or cd) to shove some of the partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobrcnut, Nov 19, 2015.

1. topgundcp Win User

Removing 'mystery' partitions after upgrade to Win 10

This is not true. You sure can resize any partition and of course you can not shrink the partition smaller than the size of the data currently in the partition:
    NOTE: The Video only shows how to resize the first partition. Do the same for any other partition.
    [youtube]LTVimxeiewE[/youtube]

On a normal, fresh install of Windows 10. The MSR Partition (16MB) #1 is in between #2 and #4
    as shown below:

Removing 'mystery' partitions after upgrade to Win 10 [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 26, 2015
  2. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

OK, fair enough. I'm fairly new to Macrium but that's great news.

Thanks for that.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Esskay8 Win User
    Thanks both of you.

More than resizing, whichever I will take up to edit, I am planning to merge them with C and then create a brand new partition. The earlier contents I would want to get rid of, so probably opt for delete partition and then merge? The rest of the partitions will remain untouched, I won't be resizing them.

Will wait for a month to make these changes as there might be issues with the install...fingers crossed...

Esskay8, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Steve C Win User

I have a Dell laptop with a similar partition layout - see https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...tallation.html

My Windows 10 installation keeps failing and I'm wondering if its due to the partition configuration? Thanks for the tip to use Reflect to reorder the partitions. Would this help Windows 10 install if the partitions are in the 'correct' order and would the OEM Dell partitions (e.g. Diagnostics) still work?

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing 'mystery' partitions after upgrade to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Removing 'mystery' partitions

2. Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!: Hi,After much tribulation, I was able to finally clone my OS over to a bigger, faster SSD.Now, after messing around with Computer Management and Disk Management apps, I've somehow ended up with an additional "G:" drive.It shows up in File Explorer, but NOT in Disk Management....
  3. Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!: Hi,After much tribulation, I was able to finally clone my OS over to a bigger, faster SSD.Now, after messing around with Computer Management and Disk Management apps, I've somehow ended up with an additional "G:" drive.It shows up in File Explorer, but NOT in Disk Management....
  4. Outlook in German removed after mystery install

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook in German removed after mystery install: Odd problem: Whenever I right-clicked on Microsoft Outlook, I was getting pop-ups in German. This was odd because whenever I used Outlook everything was in English and since I am an English speaker this was fine. When I went to the Control Panel and went under Programs and...
  5. Mysterious Win 10 Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mysterious Win 10 Issues: So for months now I have been having a series of issues with Windows 10. The biggest issue being seemingly random reboots. The only clue I have found in regards to this is a Bugcheck Error that I can see in the Event Viewer. Which occurs every time the reboot occurs. On top...
  6. Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10: hi.. I Need advice about the partition after i upgrade from win 7 to win 10. i have some issue : 1. there is a disk "System ReservedH" in my drives list, i cant delete it because it used for boot the pc. I search info that i can hide it with remove the drive letter. is it...
  7. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October: After and upgrade from MS in October I noticed my computer was becoming sluggish and a number of documents in files had disappeared. I save all documents on external "F" Drive. After upgrade, my "F" symbol was changed to "G", and now my external drive is "G". I didn't...
  8. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October: After and upgrade from MS in October I noticed my computer was becoming sluggish and a number of documents in files had disappeared. I save all documents on external "F" Drive. After upgrade, my "F" symbol was changed to "G", and now my external drive is "G". I didn't...
  9. Partition after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Partition after windows 10 upgrade: After I upgraded to Windows 10 I noticed it created another hidden partition. I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 to Win 10 Pro 64. Originally Windows 7 had a 100mb System Reserved now it's showing a unnamed 456mb partition. Do I need to keep these? Seems Strange. I...
  10. After Upgrade to Win 10 - Is Recovery Partition Useful?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Upgrade to Win 10 - Is Recovery Partition Useful?: Now running Win 10 Pro 64bit. Just did an in-place upgrade from Win 7 Pro. Seems to have worked fine - but I'm still testing.... This is an HP PC which came with Win 7 and there is a recovery partition on the system disk. Is this recovery partition of any use now that...