Windows 10: Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself

Discus and support Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased this Lenovo Ideapad 320 as a gift for my former girlfriend (as well as myself) and allowed her (being the good guy that I am) to create the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DerekFairey, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself

I purchased this Lenovo Ideapad 320 as a gift for my former girlfriend (as well as myself) and allowed her (being the good guy that I am) to create the initial set-up in which she had the only Admin privilege (which looking back now was not smart). It is set up with Microsoft Office Windows 10. Of course I kept the laptop after our sour breakup and now can not complete any tasks where an Admin privilege is necessary, such as downloading the hardware for my new Brother printer.

I am not much of a computer tech dude and do not have a lot of patience or know-how to try to remove her and grant Admin to myself. Every search I have tried basically shows that I must be an Admin to create a new Admin.

Is there somebody that can tell me if this is something that I could accomplish on my own, as I am extremely frustrated?

Contacting her is not an option, if there are any wiseguys out there...

Thank you kindly!!

:)

DerekFairey, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

3. Removing administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

You may perform a reset on the computer opting for removal of all data. Follow these steps to perform a reset:

• Press “Windows key + I” to get the Settings screen.

• Click on “Update and security”.

• Click on “Recovery” and click on “Get started” for Reset this PC.

• Choose “Remove everything” which will remove all of your personal files, apps and settings.
    Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself

1. Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself - Similar Threads - Removing original administrator

2. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?: How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer? This is a brand new laptop and when I logged in, it logged me in as 2 years old, and I in fact am not 2 years old.I need to use this computer for school and I can not even access websites because it thinks i'm 2...
  3. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?: How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer? This is a brand new laptop and when I logged in, it logged me in as 2 years old, and I in fact am not 2 years old.I need to use this computer for school and I can not even access websites because it thinks i'm 2...
  4. How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...: My Laptop still has information for the administrator that’s not me. I was issued a laptop from the college I attended but upon graduation it’s mine to keep and that was 3 years ago. I started using the laptop again more frequently this year and restored it because it was...
  5. How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...: My Laptop still has information for the administrator that’s not me. I was issued a laptop from the college I attended but upon graduation it’s mine to keep and that was 3 years ago. I started using the laptop again more frequently this year and restored it because it was...
  6. How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Removing Myself From Account Administrator

Removing Myself From Account Administrator: Purchased new laptop for my granddaughter on her birthday. Tried to surprise her by loading my Office & Webroot on the new laptop. Surprised myself instead! Now her laptop looks just like mine, all the way to the background image. How do I remove myself from the account...
  8. Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition?: Hi, I hope someone can help? I added an ssd to my Asus laptop and have since reinstalled Windows10. My question is.. can I remove my ssd and reset laptop, and then insert the same ssd once again? Hopefully this is possible. Many thanks....
  9. Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?

Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?: My dad created Microsoft family and I cannot download a file on my computer due to the restriction. Can I click on the button "Leave Family" to notify him?...
  10. removing myself from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing myself from family: the reason i have to ask this on here is because the microsoft support is absolutely useless, the "get help" app doesn't even work. I need to remove myself from my xbox family thing because my account is classed a "child" and this prevents me from buying game pass. I then...