Windows 10: Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

Discus and support Removing Selections From Right Click Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnWill, Dec 14, 2015.

1. JohnWill Win User

Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use.

pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the Recycle Bin. I keep hitting it when emptying, it's just annoying. *really

Scan with Windows Defender - I'd like this gone everywhere.

Include in Library - Ditto for this one, don't use it.

Cast to Device - Yep, useless to me as well.

Shared Folder Synchronization - Never use it, be gone!

Is there some 3rd party utility to manage all these additions?

There are also applications that stick extra stuff in there that I never need, it would be great to manage those as well.

:)

JohnWill, Dec 14, 2015

2. Quick access pinning and unpinning does not work in Windows 10.

In an Explorer window, my Windows 10 "Quick Access" menu does not take new pins or remove existing ones based on folder actions initiated via the right-click menus.

For example, if I right click "Folder XYZ" in an Explorer window, select "Pin to Quick Access" - it does not get added to the Quick Access menu.

If I right click an item in the Quick Access menu, select "Unpin from Quick Access" - it does not get removed from the Quick Access menu.

So the old "Favourites" functionality is gone. There appears to be zero control on this replacement menu.

Mysticpest, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    linkage info opens in "window" when mouse hovers over button

We appreciate your response. You can remove a hyperlink in an email message by following these steps:

• Select the text with a hyperlink that you will remove.
    • Right-click the selected text, and click the Remove Hyperlink item in the context menu.
    • Now the hyperlink is removed from the selected text.
    Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Dec 14, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Download Autoruns for Windows , right click and run as Admin.
    Look at 2 tabs: Explorer and Internet explorer and uncheck anything that you would like to disable.

topgundcp, Dec 14, 2015
  5. nigelmercier, Dec 14, 2015
  6. shimshom Win User
    Remove “Shared Folder Synchronization"
    Go to- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6C467336-8281-4E60-8204-430CED96822D}
    Rename or delete the sub key {6C467336-8281-4E60-8204-430CED96822D} best to rename the sub key instead of it helps to revert the changes easily.
    Close the Registry Editor and Refresh the Windows Explorer or restart

Remove "Cast to Device" rename the below entries or just put a - at the start
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]

Remove "Previous Version" rename the below entries or just put a - at the start
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]

You'll find various entries in the below locations
    For Files:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers

For Folders:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

For Desktop
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

shimshom, Dec 14, 2015
  7. JohnWill Win User
    Hmm... I'm not finding the ones I want to lose in Autoruns. It doesn't show the actual text of the link, so I may be simply overlooking it.

I'm reluctant to start hacking the registry to that level, so I'd like to find an application that automates the process. *Smile

Edit: I did find a lot of them, I discovered the Filter window, makes searching easier. I still can't lose pintostartscreen for some reason...

JohnWill, Dec 14, 2015
  8. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

Me neither *Sad

I've got a stack of garbage under New that I want to lose, plus random stuff on the top menu.

nigelmercier, Dec 15, 2015
  9. JohnWill Win User
    The one I'd like to lose is the pintostartscreen one. I never use that sucker, and I can't imagine a time where I'll want to.

The ShellMenuNew seems to deal with the NEW Menu, it got rid of the stuff for me.

JohnWill, Dec 15, 2015
  10. JohnWill Win User
    I'd like to get rid of all the marked entries, that would clean up the right click menu a bunch. *Smile

Removing Selections From Right Click Menu [​IMG]

JohnWill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu - Similar Threads - Removing Selections Right

2. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  3. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  4. remove right click truncate menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove right click truncate menu: How do I remove the "show more option" feature of Windows 11?It is the most annoying feature to date. I constantly have to expand it because none of the options I want is in the default menu. Every time I have to do it I get a little more annoyed at it. It worsensmy...
  5. remove right click truncate menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove right click truncate menu: How do I remove the "show more option" feature of Windows 11?It is the most annoying feature to date. I constantly have to expand it because none of the options I want is in the default menu. Every time I have to do it I get a little more annoyed at it. It worsensmy...
  6. REMOVING RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU: Hi , Even I had deleted x64dbg till then its icon is [ATTACH]coming in context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-right-click-context-menu/7ff3a9f5-bef2-400e-8be0-15f0e92573f1
  7. Remove right click menu entry

Remove right click menu entry: Hi, recently I installed a software game which created an entry in the right-click menu of desktop i.e. this entry only appears when I right-click on the desktop. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] Now, I want to remove it but I don't know how to do it,...
  8. Change right-click menu selection color?

Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  9. instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu: Hi. New W10 and Reflect 7 free user. Since installation I have been searching for ways to remove the Macrium Reflect context entry. There is no such setting in the program which made me contact support who gave the following instruction: From elevated command prompt type...
  10. Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu: Hello, I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on TenForums (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item. Is there a way to remove it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hkey_classes_root\directory\shellex\contextmenuhandlers\{596ab062-b4d2-4215-9f74-e9109b0a8153}

2. how to remove some selections in right click menu in win 10