Windows 10: Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list

Discus and support Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to remove all of the default apps from the Windows 10 Start Menu so Ican fill it up exclusively with programs of my own choosing. I've come so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lyktstolpe, May 6, 2018.

1. Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list

I want to remove all of the default apps from the Windows 10 Start Menu so Ican fill it up exclusively with programs of my own choosing. I've come so far as having only two icons/shortcuts left on the start menu, but I cannot figure out how to remove those last two.

This is what it looks like currently.

Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list [​IMG]

My thoughts are that it can be done via regedit, but I don't know how to use that. If anyone knows something that could help me out I'd appreciate it greatly.

:)

lyktstolpe, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list

1. Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list - Similar Threads - Removing Settings Search

2. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove single search result from start menu search: Hi =]I have Solidworks installed on my PC and it is easier for me to start searching 'sol' and then press enter in order to run Solidworks, rather than clicking an icon, depending on what I'm doing at the moment.For some reason, the first search result is some minor...
  3. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove single search result from start menu search: Hi =]I have Solidworks installed on my PC and it is easier for me to start searching 'sol' and then press enter in order to run Solidworks, rather than clicking an icon, depending on what I'm doing at the moment.For some reason, the first search result is some minor...
  4. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Cortana
  5. Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3w4fhzigtbra1.png?width=649&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86e5e7427ac69cabfd38af3090440d644db8d5f https://preview.redd.it/ynk9qyigtbra1.png?width=652&format=png&auto=webp&s=062ee9ea000bac08e84f0c9dccf322f553c0b38b...
  6. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon: I had to reinstall windows a month ago, and since most icons in my start menu and when searching an app by name, the shortcut is just blank i already tried to delete the icon caches, replace the icon in the shortcut, reboot my pc ect ect.I don't understand why it's doing...
  7. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon: I had to reinstall windows a month ago, and since most icons in my start menu and when searching an app by name, the shortcut is just blank i already tried to delete the icon caches, replace the icon in the shortcut, reboot my pc ect ect.I don't understand why it's doing...
  8. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Start Menu List - Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List - Settings: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173783
  10. Application Icons missing from Search Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Icons missing from Search Menu: So recently I've had a rather strange issue with my computer where it powered off all of a sudden, and after I turned it back on and pressed the Windows key to search for an application, the majority of my applications icons don't show up when searching despite showing up on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turnvailing uninstall

2. turnvailing

3. turnvailing virus remove

4. what is turnvailing computer virus,
  5. turnvailing virus,
  6. delete turnvailing,
  7. what is turnvailing,
  8. remove turnvailing,
  9. remove settings and search from start menu