Windows 10: Removing sharp corners

Discus and support Removing sharp corners in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anybody come up with a way to get back to rounded corners on windows ( la Windows 7 and earlier) in Windows 10? They may be appropriate for tiling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pokeefe0001, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Removing sharp corners

Has anybody come up with a way to get back to rounded corners on windows ( la Windows 7 and earlier) in Windows 10? They may be appropriate for tiling on a phone's display, but I think the square corners look really unattractive on a large monitor. An is there any way to officially pass this complaint on to Microsoft? I'm sure it will be buried among all the other Windows 10 complaints, but I'd like to give it.

:)

pokeefe0001, Mar 12, 2016
  2. Hathiwala Win User

Nokia Lumia Sharp Corners Annoying

cornered mobiles look nice

Hathiwala, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Nokia Lumia Sharp Corners Annoying

well Nokia designers have taken a different root of designing corners for Lumia 925 and Lumia Icon. if you feel it more annoying then you should try some rubber cases.

donofworld, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Removing sharp corners

Probably would work with a decent 3rd party W7 theme but. you'd have to patch your system.

Send feedback with 'Windows Feedback' app

Edwin, Mar 12, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    And let us please know what they say.

6. dalchina New Member
    Note that WindowBlinds has (still) not been released for win 10, which probably says sthg.

The creator of Aeroglass made a comment that because of underlying changes MS had made in the rendering of Window frames rounded corners would be unlikely to reappear for technical reasons. So whilst Aeroglass works in Win 10 to restore some transparency in borders and optionally very thin borders for in-focus universal apps, everything is still rectangular.

Removing sharp corners [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 12, 2016
  7. I went to Feedback and looked at what had been posted. I searched for things like "corners", "sharp", "rounded", "square". There were already at least 4 for this topic - probably more if I could think of other search terms. Several were marked "We got this feedback and we're using it to improve your experience". I "upvoted" all I could find. No sense my adding another entry.

pokeefe0001, Mar 12, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Removing sharp corners

Third party themes still have to customize the W10 frame, not great seeing the 'thingy's' in the corners! *Sad

Removing sharp corners [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 13, 2016
  9. I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to themes. (The only thing I've done is set a solid blue background for my desktop ... and I don't know how I did it. Luckily, it stayed when I upgraded to Win 10.) Is that example you showed a commercially available third party theme? If so, what one? It looks pretty good, but probably will not look as good when windows overlap. The rounded corners would show, of course, but the underlying window would be masked by the sharp corner. Still, I suspect it would look better than Microsoft gives us.

pokeefe0001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Removing sharp corners

1. Removing sharp corners - Similar Threads - Removing sharp corners

2. Text sharpness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text sharpness: On my 4K Monitor texts are not sharp enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-sharpness/08dcbfe7-33cd-4eaf-8b7d-52409e1c32f0
  3. Text sharpness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text sharpness: On my 4K Monitor texts are not sharp enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-sharpness/08dcbfe7-33cd-4eaf-8b7d-52409e1c32f0
  4. REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN: Hello. I'm sorry for my English. I'm just here to ask some help about my laptop. It's about on the lower right corner of the screen of my laptop that keeps showing a transparent "Activate Windows" and can't be clicked. It keeps showing over other windows as well I will attach...
  5. REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN: Hello. I'm sorry for my English. I'm just here to ask some help about my laptop. It's about on the lower right corner of the screen of my laptop that keeps showing a transparent "Activate Windows" and can't be clicked. It keeps showing over other windows as well I will attach...
  6. REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sharpness and Quality of Picture Changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sharpness and Quality of Picture Changes: Hello there, I am having this issue with the sharpness of letters and with the quality of image on my PC. This happens anytime I use Windows Photo App, when playing videos through it, on Worldofwarcraft.com webpage and Overwatch patch information. The picture changes back...
  8. RESET THE COLOUR AND SHARPNESS ON CAMERA

RESET THE COLOUR AND SHARPNESS ON CAMERA: HOW CAN I RESET THE COLOUR AND SHARPNESS SETTINGS ON CAMERA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-the-colour-and-sharpness-on-camera/b19c0292-e809-4aac-8cd9-9c9b7a19dbae
  9. Richard Sharp

Richard Sharp: Good Evening I was going through my installed programs after I had Microsoft tech engineer fix problems with mt laptop. I came across MK5cheats in my c- drive and I cannot find anything about this. Could you advise if you are familiar with this and if it is ok to leave or...
  10. Words and Fonts are not sharp.

in Windows 10 Support
    Words and Fonts are not sharp.: After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like they where printed with a misaligned print head, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Does anyone else have this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows with sharp corners and without