Windows 10: Removing the search option in windows explorer 11

Discus and support Removing the search option in windows explorer 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Since updating windows 10 I have the annoying search option in the top right of windows explorer 11. Does anybody know how I can get rid... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by samIOW, Sep 13, 2017.

1. samIOW Win User

Removing the search option in windows explorer 11

Hello,

Since updating windows 10 I have the annoying search option in the top right of windows explorer 11.

Does anybody know how I can get rid of it please.

Removing the search option in windows explorer 11 [​IMG]

:)

samIOW, Sep 13, 2017

2. How to remove Yahoo search bar on windows 10, IE11

how to remove "yahoo search bar "da internet explorer 11? Thanks

vittoriovalentini, Sep 13, 2017
  3. How does the search option in explorer stop working?

When you right-click, don't choose properties, choose "Open File Location", and it will open the actual location where the file resides. If that location was inside or under the folder where you began your search, then you know the file is truly there
    (not a bad search result) and you can move it/away take action on it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 13, 2017
  5. samIOW Win User
    Thanks for that you are too Kind Sir. *Biggrin

samIOW, Sep 13, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing the search option in windows explorer 11 - Similar Threads - Removing search option

2. search file explorer in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search file explorer in windows 11?: How do I search file explorer in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-explorer-in-windows-11/1feb626a-2e99-4347-923e-236cdfb085c7
  3. search file explorer in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search file explorer in windows 11?: How do I search file explorer in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-explorer-in-windows-11/1feb626a-2e99-4347-923e-236cdfb085c7
  4. Microsoft restores File Explorer Folder Options that it removed in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft restores File Explorer Folder Options that it removed in Windows 11: Last week, Microsoft released a new development build for Windows 11 that removed nine preferences from File Explorer's Folder Options menu. Today, Microsoft released a new build which restored the removed Folder Options. Folder Options may be accessed by selecting the three...
  5. Win 11 File Explorer search option - by name only!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer search option - by name only!: Plz help: I need Win 11 File Explorer to search only by file/docs titles/names as it did in Win 10. I do NOT want other files to appear in search results which probably contain search words in their text.I used to search by typing only parts of needed words in the search,...
  6. Win 11 File Explorer search option - by name only!

Win 11 File Explorer search option - by name only!: Plz help: I need Win 11 File Explorer to search only by file/docs titles/names as it did in Win 10. I do NOT want other files to appear in search results which probably contain search words in their text.I used to search by typing only parts of needed words in the search,...
  7. Search in Windows 11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search in Windows 11 file explorer: Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in all files, the results only show the pdf files. But I know that the word is contained in the Word and Excel files too. If I...
  8. Search in Windows 11 file explorer

Search in Windows 11 file explorer: Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in all files, the results only show the pdf files. But I know that the word is contained in the Word and Excel files too. If I...
  9. Windows Explorer search options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer search options: I have a new computer with Windows 10 installed. When I am looking for a folder in Explorer, I can't type anything without Windows going into search mode. I prefer to type to get to the folder I need (rather than scrolling), but now I can't hit a key without triggering a...
  10. Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.: Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. I have file contents unchecked. but still get results from within documents-pdf,odt,doc,etc.I have file indexing turned off. How do I just get names of files and folders? 26183