Windows 10: Removing Windows 7 from dual boot

Discus and support Removing Windows 7 from dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I've had a quick look to see if anything comes up on this topic but so far have not found anything. I'm pretty sure it must have come up at some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraceyW, Aug 14, 2017.

1. TraceyW Win User

Removing Windows 7 from dual boot

Hi

I've had a quick look to see if anything comes up on this topic but so far have not found anything. I'm pretty sure it must have come up at some time but I just haven't found it so apologies for posting the question again.

I have a spare PC running Win7 and Win10 in a dual boot configuration. However, I am now in a position to remove Windows 7 completely and make do solely with Windows 10 -- but how do I do it? Currently I do not have a reserved partition for the boot files; all my boot files are in the Windows 7 partition. In addition, the Windows 7 partition is the Active partition. So how should I go about removing Windows 7? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tracey

:)

TraceyW, Aug 14, 2017
  2. oldman1234, Aug 14, 2017
  3. How to remove dual boot on Windows 10?

Original title: Remove dual boot

I have a two OSs (dual boot) on my PC. Each is windows 10. One upgraded from windows 8.1 and the second was upgraded from windows 7.

I want to remove one of them. How can I do it in a safe way?

Abdelmonem Kamel, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Sqrly Win User

Sqrly, Aug 14, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    After you move the boot files as @Sqrly posted, then you can run the command msconfig, select the boot tab, and delete the entry for Windows 7 from the boot menu.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing Windows 7 from dual boot - Similar Threads - Removing dual boot

2. Dual boot windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot windows 7: Hello everyone, I need to install to my laptop 2 different systems windows 7 and windows 10 for dual boot. Systems will be clean installed as no any systems installed yet. And those systems will be installed to GPT structured HDD. I need your recommendation which system...
  3. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I have Windows 10 and Linux Mint in a dual boot. submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g11m44/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  4. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I currently have Windows 10 and Linux Mint installed, I want to remove Linux Mint. submitted by /u/captain_degenerate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr0hk9/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  5. Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10: I have Windows 7 on my C: drive, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft onto a USB connected SATA drive on my laptop. (drive F:) When I go to install Windows 10 it does not ask me what drive I want to install it to. Will it automatically install to the F: drive since that is...
  6. Dual boot remove

Dual boot remove: Hi ...anyone help me to remove window 10 and kali dual boot...i want only windows 10 [ Moved from: Mobile devices / Other Windows mobile devices / Settings / Other/Unknown ]...
  7. How to Remove Windows 7 from dual boot with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Remove Windows 7 from dual boot with Windows 10: I have a little problem. I have Windows 7 and Windows 10 Enterprise Build 10240 set up in a dual boot configuration on the same hard drive. Windows 7 is the first partition on that drive and Windows 10 is the second. I have decided to keep Windows 10 as my main OS and want to...
  8. Dual boot windows 10 & 7

Dual boot windows 10 & 7: Hello I have a computer with windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a genuine licence. I have two identicle SSDs (with different serial numbers obviously) I want to run windows 7 on one. I want to put the image of the original on the second and have a dual boot. Software...
  9. Remove win 10 from dual boot

Remove win 10 from dual boot: Hi. I have Windows 7/10 dual boot which I understand is not strictly permitted under Microsoft terms. The November update is not working for me, I am getting the watchdog_violation message with no fault codes to help. I have decided to stay with Windows 7 until Microsoft...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot

Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot: I installed the 10 tech preview along side my win 7 ultimate, I reinstalled, the Windows 7 side of the HDD because after however many years the OS had a LOT of clutter, and even though windows update was a nightmare I finally got all the updates installed and only the...