Windows 10: Removing windows Control-shift shortcut

Discus and support Removing windows Control-shift shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I use Mathematica A LOT, and almost all the shortcuts involve a Ctrl + Shift combination. However, the windows shortcut to switch your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by edmundsj, Nov 29, 2016.

1. edmundsj Win User

Removing windows Control-shift shortcut

Hello,

I use Mathematica A LOT, and almost all the shortcuts involve a Ctrl + Shift combination. However, the windows shortcut to switch your keyboard layout is Ctrl + Shift, and I use multiple layouts but do not often switch between them (and cannot remove them for some reason). This has caused considerable frustration. Is there a way to disable the Windows Ctrl + Shift shortcut?

Thanks!

:)

edmundsj, Nov 29, 2016
  2. Shr10 Win User

Windows 10 start to beep when left control and shift pressed

Windows 10 suddenly start to beep when left control and shift are pressed,

It is annoying, and also prevent me using applications shortcut which consist of control shift and some key.

I disabled sticky keys, and almost all startup application, restarted windows, but nothing helped.

should I reinstall windows?

Shr10, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Some builtin shortcuts not working with "Left Shift" key

Some shortcuts with "shift" key do not work at all with the "left shift" but
    work only with "right shift"

I checked other shortcuts that whether the shift is Lshift or Rshift does not matter.

These are the shortcuts I've found so far... :

Ctrl-Shift-Enter (run as administrator)

Ctrl-Shift-P (Launch InPrivate window in Edge Browser)

Jinwook Jeong, Nov 29, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Press WIN + R to open Run dialog (alternatively right click Start, select Run), type control /name Microsoft.Language, press OK:

Removing windows Control-shift shortcut [​IMG]

This opens Control Panel > All Control Panel items > Language. Select Advanced settings:

Select Change language bar hot keys:

In Advanced Key Settings tab, select Change Key Sequence:

Change key sequence, click OK to save settings:

Notice that Switch Input Language and Switch Keyboard Layout can't have the same sequence. To avoid using CTRL + SHIFT you can for instance set Switch Input Language to Grave Accent and Switch Keyboard Layout to Left Alt + SHIFT.

5. edmundsj Win User
    Thank you so much. The nightmares are finally over.

edmundsj, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing windows Control-shift shortcut - Similar Threads - Removing Control shift

2. Control + Shift + T Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control + Shift + T Issue.: Whenever I use control + shift + t, it creates this trademark logo, ™. How do I disable it, I want to use that shortcut to reopen closed tabs on my browser. My laptop also has other weird hotkeys like control + shift + h creates a heart . I don't think I installed any...
  3. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  4. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  5. CONTROL SHIFT S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONTROL SHIFT S: I JUST TOOK LIKE 10 SCREENSHOTS WHERE ARE THEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-shift-s/4c7a9200-9174-4f9c-9fbd-60225e59687c
  6. How to disable control+shift+w shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable control+shift+w shortcut?: I often have many tabs open (as I'm sure you do too), and I often use control+w to close my current tab. Every once in a while I'll accidentally also press shift, which closes ALL my tabs. This is frustrating. Is there any way to disable this particular shortcut? Windows 10...
  7. Remove - Shortcut

Remove - Shortcut: So when I right-click a file and click send to → desktop, is there a feature that stops it from renaming it from "programname" to "programname - shortcut" I know I could just select all the files and use bulk rename utility to remove the last 11 characters but I wondered if...
  8. Shift key for shortcuts

Shift key for shortcuts: Hi I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. And how to fix it? Windows key + D would usually take me back to my desktop - now I have to press SHIFT with this combo for the shortcut Similarly I would normally press Alt + D to highlight the address bar on Chrome - now im...
  9. Shortcut removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shortcut removal: Hi recently my keyboard completely broke. When I press CTRL it goes into full screen for no reason, the shift becomes an enter, the backspace only deletes one letter no matter how long I held onto it. This happened all of a sudden for completely no reason at all....
  10. Shift and Control swapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift and Control swapped: Randomly, my control and shift keys kind of swapped. I can still do control + C to copy and control + V to paste, but I usually use control + 2 for the @ sign, but now I have to press shift + 2 which is kind of annoying for me. Does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried...