Windows 10: Removing Windows.old in Spring Update

Discus and support Removing Windows.old in Spring Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is the same procedure still in place, you know, the one that really doesn't work by trying to remove the Windows.old in the latest Spring Update? I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Maggidon, May 6, 2018.

1. Maggidon Win User

Removing Windows.old in Spring Update

Is the same procedure still in place, you know, the one that really doesn't work by trying to remove the Windows.old in the latest Spring Update? I was hoping Microsoft had put a fix to this.
    I was surprised to see this Windows.old only has 5 gigs in it and what remains on the disk seems to be taking more space on a permanent basis, like close to 10 gigs more. Does this sound normal or more like the paranormal?

:)

Maggidon, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Removing Windows.old in Spring Update

1. Removing Windows.old in Spring Update - Similar Threads - Removing old Spring

2. spring 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spring 2021 update: creating a sytem image went from 2 minutes using a samsung t5 external drive.what iis the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/aee51f0a-b3d8-4b46-8fc6-dca1a98951f7
  3. Spring 2021 Update

Spring 2021 Update: Taking a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/7a2e095c-4e8e-4f4e-af64-ced37fe0f1e6
  4. Spring Update Is Coming...

Spring Update Is Coming...: The Win10 Spring 2020 Update is, really, close, now. That can be said not only because Spring is coming,but, because of the current Insider Build. Fast track Build 19577: This build is a post 20H1 build and is from the active development branch of Windows 10 at Microsoft....
  5. Spring Update on the Horizon

Spring Update on the Horizon: Can be sure the Win10 Spring Update Version 2004 is not far off, now... As of today Fast Track Insiders have moved on to 20H2 Builds. Obviously, meaning 20H1 is done & can be expected, soon. There's a good quantity of stuff <-- very techy term that most Folks will probably...
  6. Spring Creators Update 2018

Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  7. Windows 10 Spring update

Windows 10 Spring update: Hello, I have a new HP business laptop and so far I have installed Office 2016, Symantec Security Endpoint protection and have downloaded a handful of Microsoft updates but after 10 days the Spring update has not started to download or install. The computer is connected to...
  8. windows 10 spring creators update

windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  9. Windows 10 spring update 2018

Windows 10 spring update 2018: Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization? On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system with the spring 2018 creators upgrade. On the 4th attempt, it bricked my computer. AND I MEAN BRICKED. I spent a full 3...
  10. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86