Windows 10: Removing your data from microsoft

Discus and support Removing your data from microsoft in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A while, back, I used to let Microsoft collect data about me. How can I delete that data from Microsoft ? (Typing and inking data, etc ...) I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Removing your data from microsoft

Marron, Sep 16, 2015

2. Removing Microsoft Account from your device

Aah, I think I have an adequate solution.

In Settings> Accounts> Your Info - I found an option that said something like - Sign in with a local account. I clicked on that. It then showed the current User Account name (same name that you use to log in to Microsoft Account) and asks you for your
    Microsoft account password. Put the password in and

you go forward and you will see the original User Account name that you had, before it became associated with a Microsoft Account. Selected that and I did not put in a password, so I ended up with the original situation. So, I've got back to how things were
    this morning. You can go back to a Microsoft sign in by clcking on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead".

Richard1199, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Removing Microsoft Account from your device

Today I should have added local User Account. But, because I did not know what I was doing I ended up associating my laptop and probably a specific User Account with a Microsoft account. Now the name of my User Account has changed to something I'm not
    happy with, and everytime I start up the PC I need to put in a password - something that I do not want to do.

Okay, so I want to go back to how things were before my error.

I've got into my Microsoft account and removed my laptop. Okay fine, but I need to remove my device from my Microsoft Account.

The instructions given are:

Go to Settings > Account > Your Account Tap or click Disconnect my Microsoft account, then restart the device.

Okay, there is no such option as " Disconnect my Microsoft account" that I can see. So, I'm having trouble restoring my original situation, that is restoring my User Account to a local account. Please how can I make my User Account a local one again?
    Thanks.

Richard1199, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Removing your data from microsoft

There might be a quicker way, but this should do it

Go to bing.com in your web browser
    at the top left click the cog wheel and select settings
    scroll to the bottom where it say personalization and you will see a link to manage personal info

Removing your data from microsoft [​IMG]

paulsalter, Sep 16, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Sep 16, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    You are never going to get rid of any traces that is out there on the Internet. Anything Microsoft collects for searches in Bing.com, is attached to your IP your ISP gives you, along with the search you made. In your Live account, it will hold any info that you allow it.

Even if you set your settings to not report what is happening in the Windows OS. Anytime you are on the Internet, every seeing eye is watching what you are doing.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Removing your data from microsoft

1. Removing your data from microsoft - Similar Threads - Removing data microsoft

2. Remove Microsoft Account and Local Data from "gift" PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Microsoft Account and Local Data from "gift" PC: Hello, Hope this is a relatively simple ask.I set up a WIN 11 PC for my parents with two local administrator accounts. To do so, I used my Microsoft Account for the initial Windows 11 configuration and set up. I will be giving them the desktop and wish to delete my account...
  3. Remove Microsoft Account and Local Data from "gift" PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Microsoft Account and Local Data from "gift" PC: Hello, Hope this is a relatively simple ask.I set up a WIN 11 PC for my parents with two local administrator accounts. To do so, I used my Microsoft Account for the initial Windows 11 configuration and set up. I will be giving them the desktop and wish to delete my account...
  4. Restoring data from "Your Phone companion"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring data from "Your Phone companion": I just got my phone back from warranty and now would like to restore my old photos and apps from my "Your Phone Companion" app on Windows 10. Even though it was factory resetted, the app on Windows 10 recognizes (somehow) that my old phone is connected after I connected them...
  5. Completely remove all data from a Microsoft Store app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Completely remove all data from a Microsoft Store app?: Good morning, I downloaded a Microsoft Store app and accidentally signed in with my old account information. I would like to sign in with my new account, but there is no way to change accounts or log out. I tried resetting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but...
  6. does deactivating windows 10 remove your data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does deactivating windows 10 remove your data?: so i’m getting a new laptop really soon because my old one is in bad shape. what i was planning on doing is transferring my license from my old laptop to my desktop, which doesn’t have windows activated yet. if i deactivate the license on my old laptop, will i lose all the...
  7. How to remove microsoft account from your laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove microsoft account from your laptop?: Well I have recently bought this laptop and set it up. Unfortunately there was a defect due to which I had to give it back for checking, however they can't fix it and offering a replacement. Problem is I bought that laptop for the office work and set it up with my official...
  8. How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?: I found a product key online and I decided to put it on my computer. I then linked it to my Microsoft account and now I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-product-key-from-your-microsoft/0774389d-d36f-4b55-9556-6f6832a0b6fe"
  9. Remove a picture from 'Your Info'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove a picture from 'Your Info': Does anyone know how to remove a picture you previously uploaded/selected but don't want anymore under 'Your Info'? The picture I'm talking about is the one you'll see during login. I thought I would change my normal picture to another one but then changed my mind. Now I...
  10. Removing pictures from the "Your Info" page of Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing pictures from the "Your Info" page of Microsoft Account: When I use the "Remove Picture" tool from the Manage Your Account section, it removes the picture that is in use at that time, showing just the standard blank silhouette. However, the 2 pictures that are on the "Your Info" page stay there, and I want to completely remove them...