Windows 10: rempl/remsh.exe running from October 2017 update

Discus and support rempl/remsh.exe running from October 2017 update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Anyone knows what this does or is supposed to do? Perhaps to prepare or allow the Fall CU to take place? My search engine, ecosia, and my browser,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pyramid10, Oct 16, 2017.

1. pyramid10 Win User

rempl/remsh.exe running from October 2017 update

Anyone knows what this does or is supposed to do? Perhaps to prepare or allow the Fall CU to take place?

My search engine, ecosia, and my browser, pale moon, did not arrive at any info, other than that it is fairly new(?). (I had just gotten around to updating the OS, 1607, with the October kb.)

:)

pyramid10, Oct 16, 2017
  2. JK77K Win User

What is remsh.exe?

remsh.exe (C:\Program Files\rempl\remsh.exe) try to access the Internet these days

remsh.exe is signed by Microsoft. It also has high CPU usage and disk writing sometimes.

What is remsh.exe? What is it for?

Moved from: [ Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

JK77K, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Update with remsh.exe seems suspicious

Yesterday C:\Program Files\rempl\remsh.exe tried to access the Internet on my Win10 machine.

After a quick investigation it may came in with the Windows update according to Article ID: 4023057 - Last Review: Sep 28, 2017 - Revision: 46 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ions-1507-1511-and-1607-for-update-reliabilit).

It makes me a bit nervous that my file attributes (version, size, etc.) are different and these are nowhere else mentioned (according Google):

File name
    File version
    File size
    Date
    Time

Remsh.exe
    644 KB
    03-Sep-2017
    19:44

Where can I check if this is really a Microsoft SW?

Microsoft signature seems to be valid and virus scanner keeps quiet...

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Stephan.67, Oct 16, 2017
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Came across a hint or a clue as to what remsh.exe may be or do.

When I ran Autoruns, it had two entries for remsh.exe: shell and shell-unlock.

Although the publisher for remsh.exe is Microsoft, it is baffling why it was not installed and embedded amongst all the other Microsoft 'bloatware'. Instead, it had its own folder, rempl (lowercase), directly in Program Files.

pyramid10, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

1. rempl/remsh.exe running from October 2017 update - Similar Threads - rempl remsh exe

2. rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing?

in Windows 10 Support
    rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing?: I just noticed I have the rempl folder in the Programs folder. It appears that the programs in this folder are used by Windows Update? I have collected 100+ LauncherRemediation and Remediation .etl files in the rempl>Log folder. The newest is 12/12/2018 and the oldest is...
  3. no October update on surface PRO 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no October update on surface PRO 2017: my custom PC already updated, but surface tells me it's up to date on 1803 should I wait oR download update assistant ? All of my setting are default I've tried update troubleshoot it fixed some config but still nothing. Thanks : )...
  4. Problem with the Windows 10 security update from October 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with the Windows 10 security update from October 2017: I have a problem with the Windows 10 security update on laptop (the October 2017 security update). The C drive on my laptop is only 28.3gb altogether and it only came with 2gb free space. I have had it since May 2017. I do not save anything to the laptop, the only programme...
  5. This Week on Windows: October 26th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Windows: October 26th 2017: zqwpNWhbY-M We hope you enjoyed this week’s episode of This Week on Windows! Head over here to read more about the official launch of the Microsoft Reactor in San Francisco, the launch of the World’s Most Powerful Console – Xbox One X – our Windows 10 Tip on how you can...
  6. General availability of SQL Server 2017 on October 2, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    General availability of SQL Server 2017 on October 2, 2017: Microsoft has heard from you, our customers, that your data estate gets bigger, more complicated, and more diverse every year. You need solutions that work across platforms, whether on-premises or in the cloud, and that meet your data workloads where they are. Embracing this...
  7. This Week on Windows: October 12, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Windows: October 12, 2017: This Week on Windows, we’re celebrating a milestone, showcasing new Surface designer accessories and we’re showing off Middle Earth: Shadow of War! Head over here to learn more about Marimekko and Microsoft Surface, check out our Windows 10 Tip on how to work more efficiently...
  8. Update to Twitter Terms of Service on October 2nd 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Update to Twitter Terms of Service on October 2nd 2017: We're updating our Terms of Service on 2 October 2017. With these changes users will be better able to understand when Twitter may remove content on Twitter. Additionally, we wanted to make our Limitations of Liability provision easier to understand. Please note, that if...
  9. This Week on Windows: October 5th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Windows: October 5th 2017: We hope you enjoyed this week’s episode of This Week on Windows! In case you missed it, learn how to pre-order your Windows Mixed Reality headset or how you can export your Minecraft creations to Remix3D.com. TEfBeWP-B70 Source: This Week on Windows: Forza Motorsport 7,...
  10. October 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    October 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2013 Update for Microsoft Access 2013 (KB3172543) Update for Microsoft Excel 2013 (KB4011181) Update for Microsoft...