Windows 10: Rename function triggers Default App Popup.

Discus and support Rename function triggers Default App Popup. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.248). When trying to rename multiple files with the function button on Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MamaWolf, Mar 11, 2018.

1. MamaWolf Win User

Rename function triggers Default App Popup.

I am running Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.248).

When trying to rename multiple files with the function button on Home Tab, I get the notice asking how I want to open files. I can right click on the first file & click rename & it works fine. This just started about 8 to 10 days ago. I don't recall an update that may have affected it but I have been having an issue with thumbnails for about 2 months. I don't see why that would have caused it though. I am including screenshots to show the problem. I hope someone can help.

Rename function triggers Default App Popup. [​IMG]

Rename function triggers Default App Popup. [​IMG]

:)

MamaWolf, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Nicekid Win User

Lumia 930 camera not work after latest update

I ran in to the same issue 3 days back and has worked around it. As I see it, its not the camera, its the apps that has stopped working properly. For me the dedicated camera button triggered the app Nokia Camera. It'll start, let me focus, and as soon as
    I click to take the pic it'll go back to the home screen. I just uninstalled the app and now the camera button triggers the default camera function which works perfectly fine. While in the Nokia camera app you can go to additional settings for selecting the
    lenses and select "camera". This will also do the trick. But then you have to do it everytime you use the app. Hope this helps!

Nicekid, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Sagar H Win User
    Found a bug in my device (Version: 7.10.8107.79 Device: Dell Venue Pro)

Tried to reproduce the bug several times and noticed it each time. Can be reproduced as follows:

1. Unpin all tiles from the Home Screen. This makes the vertical app list as the default screen.
    2. Randomly swipe across the screen (Left to Right/Right to Left) making sure no app was triggered.
    3. It can be clearly seen that the search symbol vanishes. Tap on that place and the search functionality still activates.

Sagar H, Mar 11, 2018
Thema:

Rename function triggers Default App Popup.

1. Rename function triggers Default App Popup. - Similar Threads - Rename function triggers

2. Video call apps triggers BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video call apps triggers BSOD: Hello Microsoft Windows Community.When I do a call in a video call app such Viber or Discord after one minute My PC triggers a BSOD.There is no error...
  3. Video call apps triggers BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video call apps triggers BSOD: Hello Microsoft Windows Community.When I do a call in a video call app such Viber or Discord after one minute My PC triggers a BSOD.There is no error...
  4. Rename app for Cortana

in Cortana
    Rename app for Cortana: Is it possible to remain an application, so that it can launch with Cortana? I have an application that does not have a Cortana-friendly name and would like to give it an alias to launch with voice commands. Is this supported?...
  5. New cortana app automatically triggering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New cortana app automatically triggering: The cortana app in the latest version of my windows 10 home is been randomly opening . Is that a common cause among everyone ? submitted by /u/mohitmojito [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihbgmo/new_cortana_app_automatically_triggering/
  6. Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out: I would like to rename a folder under Windows C: Users/ABCD to DEFG Rename Icon in the Toolbar is greyed out. Then I highlighted the folder ABCD right click and the rename option is not available on Cut Paste and Delete..... I would like to know how to activated the...
  7. Renaming Function Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Renaming Function Keys: On a Laptop, how to rename FKeys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-function-keys/33bcc8e0-0574-4035-8e61-fc207bf1d87f
  8. Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task: My machine updated to 1903 last month, and while disabling the reboot tasks in \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\, I accidentally disabled and deleted the triggers for the Schedule Scan task instead. I re-enabled the task hoping it would Windows Update would fix it on its...
  9. functioning of app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    functioning of app: Hello, I am having a problem which is that my windows app store and photos app does not even opening . I have done troubleshooting along with update procedure of these two app please have a look on my problem thank you Brijesh...
  10. Eudora okay in W8.1, hyperlinks trigger popup in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Eudora okay in W8.1, hyperlinks trigger popup in W10: Hi there, hope I can get help. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Eudora 7 worked fine in 8. However, the problem I'm having is when I click on a hyperlink within a post, a pop-up window appears telling me, "you'll need a new app to open this program." Opening the link within the...