Windows 10: Rename Sound Devices

Discus and support Rename Sound Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've figured out how to rename Bluetooth devices, but I can't figure out how to rename speakers. My speaker list shows up as follows in the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ericnixmd, May 19, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Rename Sound Devices

I've figured out how to rename Bluetooth devices, but I can't figure out how to rename speakers.

My speaker list shows up as follows in the sound icon:
    • Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (2 - DELL PROFESSIONAL SOUND BAR AE515) - twice
    • Microphone (4 - SpeechMike III)
    • Microphone (Logitech BRIO)
    • Microphone Array (Realtek Audio)
    • Speakers (4 - SpeechMike III)
    • Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)

Depending on which SpeechMike I'm using (wireless vs wired), it will show up as 3 (wired) or 5 (wireless with second base).

Is there a way to rename any of these devices? I've yet to find a way.

:)

ericnixmd, May 19, 2018

2. Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 20, 2018
  3. Rename bluetooth device (surface pro 3, windows 10)

That is exactly what i did but lemme explain how i did it

• Pull up control panel on the device u have connected your Bluetooth speaker/headsetto.
    • Rename your device
    • Then pull up your Bluetooth settings
    • disconnect your Bluetooth speaker/headset
    • then reconnect your Bluetooth speaker/headset
    and there you go your renamed device should pop up on your screen!

MyNameIsMango, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Rename Sound Devices

1. Rename Sound Devices - Similar Threads - Rename Sound Devices

2. "Renaming device failed." Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Renaming device failed." Error: On Windows 10 build 19045.2604 Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.4190.0 it is impossible to rename a Bluetooth device. Any device. No matter if it's paired, connected, etc. - I only ever get a pop-up saying "Renaming device failed." and nothing else.No amount of restarting the PC,...
  3. rename bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename bluetooth device: Following the directions:: "Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices & Printers. On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties. Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device. Let us know if you will need further assistance."...
  4. rename bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rename bluetooth device: Following the directions:: "Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices & Printers. On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties. Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device. Let us know if you will need further assistance."...
  5. Renaming Audio Device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming Audio Device: Hi everyone! I have windows 10 installed on my laptop and it is running smoothly without any issues. Only one problem which I am having is that whenever I click the sound icon on the taskbar to increase or decrease the volume, my speaker is named as '2- High Definition Audio...
  6. Renaming Input Devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming Input Devices?: [ATTACH] I have 4 usb joysticks hooked to my computer. They are all named "Generic USB Joystick". How do I rename them? When I go to properties and click in the text box, it wont let me do anything....
  7. Renaming a device driver???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming a device driver???: Ive been doing some reinstalls and my network card has been renamed with #2 at the end of it. Is there an easy way to rename this so i can remove the #2 submitted by /u/gezzamondo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdczhn/renaming_a_device_driver/
  8. Renaming audio output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Renaming audio output device: Whenever I have to unplug the USB cables for my headset, Windows will rename the device in the Taskbar after they've been plugged back in. Reinstalling the drivers/software does not fix this. How can I change their name back to their original name (and prevent this from...
  9. renaming a bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    renaming a bluetooth device: how do I rename a Bluetooth device I connect to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-a-bluetooth-device/1150a095-16e9-49ac-9afc-25b9169ce339
  10. Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10: How to: Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10 How to Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10 The default sound input device is the device (ex: microphone) that Windows uses to record or hear sound. The default audio playback device is the device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rename sound devices

2. rename audio devices