Windows 10: Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak

Discus and support Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Want to re-name Startup Sound.wav to Startup sound.bak so as to replace the dull startup sound with my own, but run into a permission by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jarty, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Jarty Win User

Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak

Want to re-name Startup Sound.wav to Startup sound.bak so as to replace the dull startup sound with my own, but run into a permission by TrustedInstaller error, which just repeats itself when 'Try Again' selected.
    Any ideas?

Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak [​IMG]

Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak [​IMG]

:)

Jarty, Mar 12, 2016

2. Driver issue need help ASAP

Search for the driver and rename it from *.sys to *.bak

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 12, 2016
  3. Error "we can't sign into your account"

Hi

i did the tutorial but it would not work so first i have the .bak file and non.bak but when i delete the non .bak file it comes back after restarting and the state in the renamed .bak keeps on changing to 8000 also the profile image was set to the correct
    path on the first place

simonogorek, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak

1. Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak - Similar Threads - Rename Startup Sound

2. how to rename settings.dat and roaming.lock to *.bak to try to fix win spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to rename settings.dat and roaming.lock to *.bak to try to fix win spotlight: how to I rename settings.dat and roaming.lock to *.bak to try to fix win spotlight according to https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-windows-spotlight-not-working.html...
  3. how to rename settings.dat and roaming.lock to *.bak to try to fix win spotlight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to rename settings.dat and roaming.lock to *.bak to try to fix win spotlight: how to I rename settings.dat and roaming.lock to *.bak to try to fix win spotlight according to https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-windows-spotlight-not-working.html...
  4. batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav

batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav: Hi folks,my audio devices produce thousands of .WAV files. To analyze them I use a R-package, but the scripts are using ".wav" , so the commands do not work with my files. I tried to rename them with a couple of files in a test folder on the C: drive withren *.WAV *.wavThis...
  5. batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav

in Windows 10 Gaming
    batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav: Hi folks,my audio devices produce thousands of .WAV files. To analyze them I use a R-package, but the scripts are using ".wav" , so the commands do not work with my files. I tried to rename them with a couple of files in a test folder on the C: drive withren *.WAV *.wavThis...
  6. batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav

7. .bak file

.bak file: How do I open a .bak file? Have made a backup copy but proving frustrating trying to open the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bak-file/14ebc606-47f5-4744-8aca-418f80303a06"
  8. No sound when playing old .WAV files

No sound when playing old .WAV files: I have a CD with WAV files on it which are dated in 1994. When I go to play them using Groove or WMP they look like they are playing but produce no sound. These sound files used to play long ago (I don't remember when). Other WAV files ripped from music CDs work OK. Any...
  9. startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?: Despite finding the questions asked over and over and from every angle, I have yet to find an answer to the question of why we no longer have startup and shutdown sounds available in windows 10....
  10. Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File: I have been trying to change Windows 10 startup sound to a Wav file I have. I have gone into "sounds" and selected "Sound Scheme" Windows default. Then under "Program Events" selected "System notification". Then under "Sounds" selected "Wiondows Startup". Also tried "Windows...