Windows 10: Rename the name and description of an image volume with Dism

Discus and support Rename the name and description of an image volume with Dism in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi With the Windows ADK 10, instead of using Imagex to rename the name and description of an image volume, it is possible to use the Dism command to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by balubeto, Aug 9, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Rename the name and description of an image volume with Dism

Hi

With the Windows ADK 10, instead of using Imagex to rename the name and description of an image volume, it is possible to use the Dism command to do this?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Aug 9, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How in the world can I tell the build version of Windows 10 after creating an ISO with the Media Creation Tool?

After you mount the iso you can also from a command prompt admin;

Dism /Get-ImageInfo /imagefile:h:\sources\install.wim

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Details for image : h:\sources\install.wim

Index : 1

Name : Windows 10 Pro

Description : Windows 10 Pro

Size : 14,492,502,337 bytes

Index : 2

Name : Windows 10 Home

Description : Windows 10 Home

Size : 14,403,359,960 bytes

The operation completed successfully.

& even more detail

Dism /Get-ImageInfo /imagefile:H:\Sources\install.wim /Index:1

'Mike P, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Tom_WC Win User
    add captions to photos/ titles to folders in windows 10

Are you familiar with Explorer? You can see all your pictures there and either rename them or move them to descriptive folder names that you can create.

So the folder name can be "Trip to San Francisco" and you can have five pictures named "Tom acting like a jerk". You can select as many pictures as you want and rename and/or tag them in descriptive ways.

You can start explorer by pressing "E" at the same time as the Windows key.

Tom_WC, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Rename the name and description of an image volume with Dism

1. Rename the name and description of an image volume with Dism - Similar Threads - Rename name description

2. How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?: Hi,I'm trying to rename device description, tried renaming it in registry friendlyName but it returns its name after I turn off and on again.How to remove this "2-"?Thanks...
  3. How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?: Hi,I'm trying to rename device description, tried renaming it in registry friendlyName but it returns its name after I turn off and on again.How to remove this "2-"?Thanks...
  4. How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?

6. Dism / Imaging question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism / Imaging question: Hello,Personally been a fun year so far, heart surgery, but on the job side I'm FINALLY somewhere where I'm loved and I love the people I'm with, plus I'm learning a crapton of stuff!Ok, a lot of that has delved into dism / imaging and powershell scripting. It really has been...
  7. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  8. Mount image with dism

Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  9. No description on spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    No description on spotlight images: It's really great seeing all these lovely pictures on my lock screen each morning, but please add a description of said photos so we all know what we're looking at. I see questions about this dating back to 2016 but it appears not to have been fixed. If this has been fixed,...
  10. Change the name and description of a volume image using the Dism

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change the name and description of a volume image using the Dism: Hi Using the Dism command in Windows ADK for Windows 10 v1511, it is possible to change the name and description of a volume image saved to a wim file? If not, you can tell me the method more proper to do this avoiding the use of the old imageX command? Thanks Bye...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rename dism image