Windows 10: Rename User Designation/File Windows 10

Discus and support Rename User Designation/File Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I missed a letter when I was setting up my system. As a result, the user file and other things such as the designation in command prompt are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Venticil, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Venticil Win User

Rename User Designation/File Windows 10

I missed a letter when I was setting up my system. As a result, the user file and other things such as the designation in command prompt are not spelled correctly. I've attempted to follow steps to rename my user account or other such online guides, but this only allows me to modify the name of my account on the system rather than the designation I made the mistake in.

:)

Venticil, Jul 14, 2017
  2. Dave Heq Win User

Scroll Speed of Navigation Pane in File Explorer

This is a "design flaw" not a bug or a hardware issue; as stated it's not just happening on Surface Windows devices.

Also a design flaw is the inability to rename Quick Access shortcuts; even dragging a renamed shortcut from the folder makes the name the folder it shortcuts to.

Poor design by Microsoft; negatively affects users in multiple ways.

Dave Heq, Jul 14, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Is there any way to change the user folder windows 10?

No there is no way to rename the user folder in Windows 10, this is a bug in Windows 10, if you change the user account name, the folder does not get renamed. The only way is as you suggest and create a new user account and copy your files over to that user
    , then delete the old user account.

DaveM121, Jul 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I guess your question is 'how do I rename my user profile folder?'

There's no easy simple or completely safe way to change that.
    You will find a number of threads on this forum on this topic.

Your best approach is to create a new user account.

You will find some guides on doing this on the internet- if you attempt that make sure you have adequate disk image backups (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) - we strongly and repeatedly recommend the routine use of disk imaging).

How To Change A Windows Account Name And User Profile Folder Name - gHacks Tech News
    How to Rename User Profile Directory in Windows 10, 8 and 7 | Password Recovery

dalchina, Jul 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Rename User Designation/File Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Rename User Designation

2. Renaming the User File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming the User File: I renamed my user file from "dogwa" to "aison5" through the registry editor. Upon resetting and logging back in, a popup says, "We can't sign in to your account." I think this had to do with renaming it, and i don't know how to rename it back. i also can't open the microsoft...
  3. Renaming the User File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming the User File: I renamed my user file from "dogwa" to "aison5" through the registry editor. Upon resetting and logging back in, a popup says, "We can't sign in to your account." I think this had to do with renaming it, and i don't know how to rename it back. i also can't open the microsoft...
  4. Renaming the User File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Renaming User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming User: I want to rename the 'maanv' folder but when I select it the rename option is not there. Help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-user/bbacc48a-dba1-4e2c-bb73-a793f6e789ab
  6. Renaming a User file made it disappear

Renaming a User file made it disappear: Hi, I've always only had 1 user on my PC, and it has always had the incorrect name, so i thought id finally change it, i Signed into another account called Administrator, when i went to C:\Users to change the name of my user, the file disappeared and can no longer sign into...
  7. Renaming users file on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming users file on windows 10: I just made a windows 10 account and I noticed that my user file was half my name with a bunch of random numbers after it. How do I change this? I do not remember an option given to change the name of it. submitted by /u/RiceIceRice [link] [comments]...
  8. Rename the User’s Folder in Windows 10

Rename the User’s Folder in Windows 10: Hi, I was trying to change my username folder in my windows 10 home but I can't change it because previously I had Google backup and sync installed on my computer. I uninstalled that program and even deleted the folder from my computer. I couldn't change my username even...
  9. renaming the user in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    renaming the user in windows 10: Hello, recently i installed a windows 10 but cant set my user's name as what i want, it just set it automatically!!! i've tried to rename C:\Users\{user} name but windows doesn't let me to login...
  10. Rename user folder in windows 10

Rename user folder in windows 10: Got the BSOD and had to reload Windows 10. My email address starts with MNstrel@ so windows made my user folder MNstr. I want my user folder to be my name, David B........ My microsoft account has my full name. My user account has my full name. When I try to make a local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rename the user folder will it affect the system negatively