Windows 10: Renamed profile folder - search and dropbox does not work anymore

Discus and support Renamed profile folder - search and dropbox does not work anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I renamed user profile using this guide: [MEDIA] Now I can not start dropbox , it is giving me error. Also cortana is no more searching in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by playandwin, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Renamed profile folder - search and dropbox does not work anymore

I renamed user profile using this guide:

Now I can not start dropbox , it is giving me error.

Also cortana is no more searching in my installed apps, only in some folders...

*Sad

:)

playandwin, Oct 3, 2016

2. SEARCH DOES NOT WORK IN A PARTICULAR FOLDER IN WINDOWS 10

Sir

This said folder is in dropbox folder in f drive.. I tried the steps suggested by you but it does not workl. other folder in dropbox are showing proper search.

ASHWANI KUMAR JALEWA, Oct 3, 2016
  3. window would rename duplicate files in a folder... but it does not work anymore?

window would rename duplicate files in a folder... with a ".1' or was it "-1"

but it does not work anymore?

why... have i got a setting wrong?

bobinhouston, Oct 3, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Renamed profile folder - search and dropbox does not work anymore

Let me guess, your account is the only Admin acct. This process can't be used on an Admin account unless you give a Local Account Admin privileges. In the video, you can see two diff desktops when signed in.

mrgeek, Oct 3, 2016
  5. I have sucessfully renamed my account ,and yes I gave admin privilages to temporary account.
    I solved dropbox problem with totally deleting everything and reinstalling , but I can not solve search problem, I tried to force indexing again but it did not help. Noone of installed applications are shown in search

playandwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Renamed profile folder - search and dropbox does not work anymore

1. Renamed profile folder - search and dropbox does not work anymore - Similar Threads - Renamed profile folder

2. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings and search not working anymore.: i noticed 3 days ago that that my settings app no longer opens, it just flashes in screen when i click, and trying in to troubleshoot that i discovered that Search also does not respond at all. my computer has been set to automatically apply updates so I do not know for sure...
  3. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings and search not working anymore.: i noticed 3 days ago that that my settings app no longer opens, it just flashes in screen when i click, and trying in to troubleshoot that i discovered that Search also does not respond at all. my computer has been set to automatically apply updates so I do not know for sure...
  4. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start Menu search is blank after renaming user profile folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu search is blank after renaming user profile folder: [ATTACH] How to rename the User folder in Windows 10? - Super User I followed the procedure in the link above to rename profile. After re-logging in with renamed user, start menu search stopped working. What should I do? I tried re-creating windows search index, ran...
  6. Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly: [ATTACH] I'm not sure how long this bug has been there, however renaming folders from Windows File Explorer search messes up the folder names. The folder ends up with two folder names: 1) The new folder name, which appears in the Windows File Explorer UI 2) The old...
  7. search does not work in certain folders

in Cortana
    search does not work in certain folders: Idk why but search just doesn't work in certain folders mostly a user folder for a non hotmail account that can no longer be logged into how do I fix this?...
  8. User Profile Rename

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Profile Rename: im currently using a windows 10 home os ( build 1809 ) and under the user folder it spelled my name wrong, i would like to know how do i rename the usesr folder? and by doing so will it affect any applications thats already installed in the device?...
  9. Removing/renaming a user profile folder in C:\Users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing/renaming a user profile folder in C:\Users?: Just joined this forum recently, so this is my first post. Anyways, I've been looking online for a method to simply delete the folder of an old user profile in C:\Users. I have yet to come across a successful method. The message that appears when I try to delete the folder is...
  10. Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?: I was fumbling around inside a third party file explorer, and accidentally prompted the rename of the Users folder. I managed to avoid renaming it, but what would have happened if I had? Assuming you are running as administrator, does renaming the following folders prompt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dropbox error user profile rename

2. dropbox searching user profile

3. dropx profile renamed will not start

4. account renamed dropbox cannot start