Windows 10: renaming pc become a problem!

Discus and support renaming pc become a problem! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why every thing is going with that windows 10!!!!...ortherwise; i have renamed my pc from DESKTOP-********** to ABDENNOUR-PC like before the clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abdennournemr, Jul 8, 2018.

1. renaming pc become a problem!

why every thing is going with that windows 10!!!!...ortherwise;

i have renamed my pc from DESKTOP-********** to ABDENNOUR-PC like before the clear install from windows 7 to be easy to access to my files on other PCs connected to the same WiFi, and rebooting...

after that my PCs data corrupted like google chrome forget my email for sync..always when booting scan start and stop at 60% and reboot and scan start from 0% and stop at 60% and reboot ...and the same routine. or windows defender stop randomly… groove music close after opening..windows media says something about failed to load library and close...my emails and not-sended messages are lost and more like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

abdennournemr, Jul 8, 2018
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

amd5750m, Jul 8, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

renaming pc become a problem!

My Downloads Renamed Itself to Desktop

Hi Matt,

To rename the folder back to Downloads, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Open Local Disk (Crenaming pc become a problem! :).
    • Open Users.
    • Open the folder of the user profile you are experiencing this issue in.
    • Rename the second Desktop icon you see as Downloads.
    • Close File Explorer then reopen it.
    • Check if the Downloads folder has been renamed successfully.

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

Ruz San, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

renaming pc become a problem!

1. renaming pc become a problem! - Similar Threads - renaming become problem

2. Windows state become such that files cannot be renamed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows state become such that files cannot be renamed: Often on my system, after it has been running for some hours, Windows 10 gets in a state where files and folders can no longer be renamed. I can create a file but I cannot rename it. It doesn't allow the filename to be put into an editing context.WTH?...
  3. Windows state become such that files cannot be renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows state become such that files cannot be renamed: Often on my system, after it has been running for some hours, Windows 10 gets in a state where files and folders can no longer be renamed. I can create a file but I cannot rename it. It doesn't allow the filename to be put into an editing context.WTH?...
  4. Windows state become such that files cannot be renamed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Rename this PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename this PC: My new laptop came with the name DESKTOP-URNJKE4 which is totally meaningless to me. I went into settings and tried to change the name to LAPTOP-DELL XPS 15. I get the message "One or more of the characters you typed won't work. Try something else." the instructions say I...
  6. Rename PC problem

Rename PC problem: After installing Win10 Pro to my PC, I want to rename my PC. I go to Settings>system>about as per manual said. Unluckily, after click "about" button, my windows back to normal screen. No information on "About" section as normal, it likes closing system page. Other sections...
  7. PC becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC becomes unresponsive: My computer randomly becomes unresponsive, the mouse locks up, the audio drops out, and the machine itself makes a buzzing/grinding noise not from the speakers. Without any user input the machine corrects itself and goes back to normal operation. I have updated my drivers,...
  8. PC becomes unresponsive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...
  9. Problem with renaming files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with renaming files: submitted by /u/nuee-ardente [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1yk1m/problem_with_renaming_files/
  10. Renaming PC

Renaming PC: Did the steps to rename my pc but when I restarted the computer it didn't change on my screen. Went back in to re-do it but it was showing the new name. So, I restarted again to see if it would change on my log in screen and it didn't. Old name shows when waking the pc to...