Windows 10: "reopen last browsing session" not working

Discus and support "reopen last browsing session" not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and experiencing a huge inconvenience. The reopen last browsing session does not work. I locked the computer last... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by D0UG, Aug 11, 2016.

1. D0UG Win User

"reopen last browsing session" not working

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and experiencing a huge inconvenience. The reopen last browsing session does not work. I locked the computer last night via Windows key + L. This morning when I wanted to resume my work, I found the computer had installed updates and rebooted. I opened Internet Explorer but reopen last browsing session was grayed out so not an option. I had 8 tabs open but now I have nothing. I never had such a problem with XP, Vista, or Windows 7. Any suggestions to solve this would be appreciated.

Toshiba laptop Satellite C655

:)

2. Tabs in browser

Those hint may work in IE but not in MS Edge, there is no gear icon

RobertKlawitter, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Tabs in browser

You could just go to internet options, (the Gear) then click on "start with tabs from the last session". That will reopen all open tabs from your last session of IE.

Mike Wyman, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Doug, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Sometimes when the computer restarts like that, the last browsing session is not remembered. Usually this works best when you close IE instead.

In addition, you may see a "Restore session" message at the bottom of IE when IE was unexpectedly closed from a restart or IE crash.

Brink, Aug 11, 2016
  5. D0UG Win User
    Thanks. I was hoping I would not regret "upgrading " to Windows 10. I never had this problem with Windows 7. Perhaps going back is the solution. Is there a way to make Windows ask for permission before restarting like previous versions did?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "reopen last browsing session" not working - Similar Threads - reopen last browsing

2. Last session returns to life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last session returns to life?: So, I have a Windows 11 PC with dual boot with Linux installed. Last night, my PC seemed to shut off on its own from low power. When I turned on my PC this morning, everything seemed to indicate that it shut off properly because I was given the choice to either boot to Ubuntu...
  3. Last session returns to life?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last session returns to life?: So, I have a Windows 11 PC with dual boot with Linux installed. Last night, my PC seemed to shut off on its own from low power. When I turned on my PC this morning, everything seemed to indicate that it shut off properly because I was given the choice to either boot to Ubuntu...
  4. Windows 10 keep reopening tabs from my last session at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keep reopening tabs from my last session at startup.: It’s getting annoying starting my laptop and 10 different things opening up at once on my screen. I did not find any solution on internet, any help would be immensely appreciated!! submitted by /u/Random-someone- [link] [comments]...
  5. Work & School login session

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Work & School login session: My computer has been joined Domain via Intune. Then someone else logged in with their account on my computer and now it stuck in the windows login page even when I removed the account or delete the user profile. Do I have any ability to remove that session ? Thanks for the...
  6. Reopen Applications on Reboot No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reopen Applications on Reboot No Longer Working: Up until about a week ago when rebooting while having applications still open would reopen those applications upon signing back in after a reboot. I've searched around and some sites report to toggle the setting within Privacy to "Automatically Finish Setting Up My Device...
  7. Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart: Hi I want to reopen all programs from last session, I saw there is a related thread here, but no answer was given. In the last reply Charlie said there is an option: Settings - Accounts - Sign In Options “Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device...
  8. Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session: Mozilla has been constantly working on improving the experience of its Firefox browser for Windows users. The company recently announced a make over of its Firefox browser which is in works currently internally. The company is today releasing a new update for its Firefox...
  9. Reopen closed tab not working anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Reopen closed tab not working anymore: I was good surprisingly of new feature/bug solved of new MS Edge browser after my Win 10 has been updated, anniversary updating. But I noticed that "Reopen closed tab" functionality doesn't working anymore ... it is something wrong with my PC or you have the same issue too ?...
  10. A Context Menu Option To Reopen The Last File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    A Context Menu Option To Reopen The Last File Explorer Window: Hello. So I noticed that sometimes when I close a File Explorer window, I want to undo closing it and bring in back so I can use it. The only possible method that I know is just to go back to File Explorer and re-navigate back to that folder. So let's take an example. I...