Windows 10: Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

Discus and support Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Aug 1, 2018.

1. zbook Win User

Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs.
    Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages.
    What is the method to view the history and have it open many windows and tabs at one time instead of opening them one by one?

:)

zbook, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Ruzickav Win User

Edge has problem with reopenning last tabs

Since update 1511 Edge starts to lose list of "Last opened pages" (or browsing sessions or last opened tab...don't know exactly the name of the function) and open only blank page or topsites - depends on settings. Usually it reopens without PC restart. And
    usually it doesn't reopen after PC restart. BUT as I said... usually Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot :) Before update 1511 it was working well. I have switched from IE to Edge especially because of disappearing "Last opened" list in IE :-( and now there is same problem in Edge :-(

Any solution?

Best regards

Vladimir Ruzicka

Ruzickav, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Microsoft Edge web pages

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. Did you made any changes prior to this issue?

2. Have you installed all pending updates?

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps to change setting of

Microsoft edge

1. Open edge

2. Maximize the window from top right

corner

3. Close all windows and reopen

Once you open Microsoft Edge, click on “more option” located to the right top corner of the window. Click on “Settings” and clear browsing data. Once this is done close and reopen Microsoft Edge to check if this helps.

Refer the link for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Pavan_N, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

1. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot - Similar Threads - Reopening Microsoft Edge

2. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  3. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  4. Reopen closed tab not working anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Reopen closed tab not working anymore: I was good surprisingly of new feature/bug solved of new MS Edge browser after my Win 10 has been updated, anniversary updating. But I noticed that "Reopen closed tab" functionality doesn't working anymore ... it is something wrong with my PC or you have the same issue too ?...
  5. New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix

in Browsers and Email
    New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix: Guys, I wanted to share a recent experience I've had with edge crashing when it was opening a new tab itself or when I opened a new tab manually. When it would do this, edge would crash. The incident did not affect Internet Explorer 11. I used a program called Privazer...
  6. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  7. Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen

in Browsers and Email
    Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen: Hi, Im running windows 10 pro with the latest creators update. I didnt have any problems but suddenly and it was before updating to the latest version of windows my edge is unresponsive after rebooting my system. When I open edge after a reboot I can use the menus and...
  8. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...
  9. Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge: how to is disable this? 73576
  10. Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: Brink; I started using Edge as my default browser after CU but Option 1 here doesn't work. The message window opens every time even if I tick the 'Always close all tabs' box. I used your regedit in Option 2. I can see the new reg entry but next time I close Edge with multiple...