Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

Discus and support Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Aug 1, 2018.

1. zbook Win User

Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs.
    Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages.
    What is the method to view the history and have it open many windows and tabs at one time instead of opening them one by one?

:)

zbook, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Ruzickav Win User

Edge has problem with reopenning last tabs

Since update 1511 Edge starts to lose list of "Last opened pages" (or browsing sessions or last opened tab...don't know exactly the name of the function) and open only blank page or topsites - depends on settings. Usually it reopens without PC restart. And
    usually it doesn't reopen after PC restart. BUT as I said... usually Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot :) Before update 1511 it was working well. I have switched from IE to Edge especially because of disappearing "Last opened" list in IE :-( and now there is same problem in Edge :-(

Any solution?

Best regards

Vladimir Ruzicka

Ruzickav, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Microsoft Edge web pages

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. Did you made any changes prior to this issue?

2. Have you installed all pending updates?

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps to change setting of

Microsoft edge

1. Open edge

2. Maximize the window from top right

corner

3. Close all windows and reopen

Once you open Microsoft Edge, click on “more option” located to the right top corner of the window. Click on “Settings” and clear browsing data. Once this is done close and reopen Microsoft Edge to check if this helps.

Refer the link for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Pavan_N, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Pawan Dhondiyal Win User

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot - Similar Threads - Reopening Microsoft Edge

2. Windows Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Edge: Since last update i am no longer able to use windows edge or its associated programs. Have tried restart, and update did not work. Any suggestions before I return to an earlier version where it works?...
  3. Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10: I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old account" that I am no longer using and would like to remove. When I go to Settings > Accounts the old account is listed...
  4. Windows Cannot Find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Find: When I download an exe file, like iTunes for example, and click on "Open" I always get this message: "Windows cannot find C:\users\*myPCname*\Desktop\iTunesSetup.exe". I can't open about 40% of the stuff on my PC due to this issue....
  5. how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?

how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?: How do I update Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-update-windows-10-home-to-windows-10-pro/144936ff-5732-4138-a371-cf571cf466f8
  6. Windows 10 keep crashing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keep crashing...: My win 10 keeps crashing every 35 mins - 2 hours since i updated it 2-3 days ago... The crash isnt common it shows me some white screen with little black lines... And i need to reset my pc to continiue what i was working on......
  7. Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison: Can anyone help in clarifying the main differences between Windows 10 Home SL and EM versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-home-sl-and-em-comparison/38b6478c-485c-4472-9ad3-91a448463b27
  8. I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt)

I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt): I have this error ... Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ... but i have windows 10 Home preinstall on my Yoga 920 .I can not instaled windows.First time I want upgrade windows 10 pro and after i have this error.Please help me .[ATTACH]...
  9. Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?: Utorrent will not run on my laptop does any1 know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/why-will-utorrent-not-install-on-to-my-windows-10/80aaf0da-6166-4021-b285-e639215cfcca
  10. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...