Windows 10: Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

Discus and support Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zbook, Aug 1, 2018.

1. zbook Win User

Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs.
    Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages.
    What is the method to view the history and have it open many windows and tabs at one time instead of opening them one by one?

:)

zbook, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Ruzickav Win User

Edge has problem with reopenning last tabs

Since update 1511 Edge starts to lose list of "Last opened pages" (or browsing sessions or last opened tab...don't know exactly the name of the function) and open only blank page or topsites - depends on settings. Usually it reopens without PC restart. And
    usually it doesn't reopen after PC restart. BUT as I said... usually Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot :) Before update 1511 it was working well. I have switched from IE to Edge especially because of disappearing "Last opened" list in IE :-( and now there is same problem in Edge :-(

Any solution?

Best regards

Vladimir Ruzicka

Ruzickav, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Microsoft Edge web pages

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. Did you made any changes prior to this issue?

2. Have you installed all pending updates?

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps to change setting of

Microsoft edge

1. Open edge

2. Maximize the window from top right

corner

3. Close all windows and reopen

Once you open Microsoft Edge, click on “more option” located to the right top corner of the window. Click on “Settings” and clear browsing data. Once this is done close and reopen Microsoft Edge to check if this helps.

Refer the link for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Pavan_N, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

1. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot - Similar Threads - Reopening Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Store or Xbox login tab reopening after trying to log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store or Xbox login tab reopening after trying to log in.: Hi, I am trying to log into my Xbox account, I choose the mail and user but when I enter the password, the enter password tab reopens, this happens with the Microsoft auth app too, my older accounts that I already logged into are working fine but I need to use a new one for...
  3. Microsoft Store or Xbox login tab reopening after trying to log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store or Xbox login tab reopening after trying to log in.: Hi, I am trying to log into my Xbox account, I choose the mail and user but when I enter the password, the enter password tab reopens, this happens with the Microsoft auth app too, my older accounts that I already logged into are working fine but I need to use a new one for...
  4. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  5. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  6. Reopening windows at edge of screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reopening windows at edge of screen.: I've noticed something in Windows 10 that I've not experienced in previous versions, and I'm wondering if there's a registry setting to configure. If I have multiple windows open, so not just one big maximized window, I like to arrange them so they are touching the edges...
  7. Reopen Apps after reboot/update etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Reopen Apps after reboot/update etc: I'm looking at possibly coming back from OS X to Win10. (1909 I believe) I've reset my Win10 machine & am setting back up, but one of the things I really like about OS X is when I have to reboot, all of my Apps that are active on my system, all reopen automatically, on the...
  8. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  9. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  10. Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen

in Browsers and Email
    Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen: Hi, Im running windows 10 pro with the latest creators update. I didnt have any problems but suddenly and it was before updating to the latest version of windows my edge is unresponsive after rebooting my system. When I open edge after a reboot I can use the menus and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms edge browser close all tabs box remove

2. stop edge opening last tab even after rebooting