Windows 10: Repair Boot Drive

Discus and support Repair Boot Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer was setup using 2 HDD and EasyBCD boot menu. That file seems to have become corrupt or damaged as I am getting a message; Reboot and Select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joe645, Oct 5, 2016.

1. joe645 Win User

Repair Boot Drive

My computer was setup using 2 HDD and EasyBCD boot menu. That file seems to have become corrupt or damaged as I am getting a message; Reboot and Select Boot Drive or insert boot media in selected drive and press a key. I have followed Windows Repair Boot Drive instructions but to no avail. Both HDD have Windows 10 loaded. I ultimately want to eliminate the EasyBCD software and just revert back to 1 Windows 10 boot with the 2 HDD as storage. I see no advantage having Windows 10 loaded on dual HDDs.

:)

joe645, Oct 5, 2016
  2. vamshitg Win User

Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

Hello,

I have a windows laptop and I recently dual booted it with Ubuntu and from then whenever I boot into windows I get the following screen
    Repair Boot Drive [​IMG]

So,now let me tell you about that weird Volume.The volume here the windows is referring to is the one where I have installed the Ubuntu OS.

To make it clear it is the volume I have rounded off in the below image.

Repair Boot Drive [​IMG]

The possible solutions I came cross were modifying the BootExecute value in Registry and the other one was performing chkdsk.Both these solutions dint resolve the problem.

Clearly,Windows is trying to perform check disk on the drive where ubuntu os is residing.Please help me in finding a possible fix.

Thank You

vamshitg, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

Hi,

It can be due to software conflicts. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we'd like to know if you're using all the partitions included in the screenshot provided. If not, we suggest deleting it if you won't be using the partitions. We also
    suggest contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to perform hard drive diagnostics. Doing a hard drive diagnostics is best handled by them.

Give us an update with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 5, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Repair Boot Drive

NavyLCDR, Oct 5, 2016
  5. joe645 Win User
    Very nice utility and will keep but unfortunately didn't repair my problem. I still can't repair boot menu.

joe645, Oct 5, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try setting the boot order in bios to the opposite hard drive that it is set to now. If it is set to boot from drive 0 now, set it to boot from drive 1. Or vice versa.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Repair Boot Drive

1. Repair Boot Drive - Similar Threads - Repair Boot Drive

2. Inaccessible Boot Drive Error after Dell Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible Boot Drive Error after Dell Repair: Hello,After sending in my Dell laptop for repair, I now get an error message when it boots. Every time I turn it on, it asks for a BitLocker key, which I type in. Then it restarts, and a blue screen shows that says, "Inaccessible boot device". Then the computer restarts and...
  3. repair boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair boot: okay so if i try to repair boot my windows because it is stuck on automatic repair screen will it delete my apps please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-boot/35caa923-b2ee-421a-9191-df6329ba92f0
  4. repair boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    repair boot: okay so if i try to repair boot my windows because it is stuck on automatic repair screen will it delete my apps please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-boot/35caa923-b2ee-421a-9191-df6329ba92f0
  5. repair boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Repaired drive C on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Repaired drive C on boot: Hello, I noticed on boot that Windows did some sort of repair to drive C: I didn't manage to see it completely because I came exactly when it finished. It said something about Repairing or Fixing drive C: Now it's a new Samsung 970 Evo NVME. And this drive is already a...
  7. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scanning and repairing drive (C:) every boot: submitted by /u/binnnssss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo3kta/scanning_and_repairing_drive_c_every_boot/
  8. “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)” every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)” every boot: Hi, This has been going on for the past 10 days or so, the problem is that it doesn't show any progress or tasks, it just shows two messages, the first has a 7 seconds countdown telling me to press any key to ignore this, and next saying "“Scanning and repairing drive (C:)”,...
  9. Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot: Hello. So a few minutes ago, my computer froze at the shut down screen. I forced a shutdown through the power button and after that, Windows 10 informs me that it is scanning and repairing drives. When the computer finally loaded, I checked for errors in the C: drive...
  10. Windows 10 Drive Repair on Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Drive Repair on Boot: One of my Non boot drives appeared to be failing and after a longer than expected boot, Windows 10 decided to "repair drive" during boot up. After this happened drive was no longer accessible Can anyone advise what Windows was running as a repair method and how I might...