Windows 10: Repair Install with wireless keyboard and mouse?

Discus and support Repair Install with wireless keyboard and mouse? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I guess the title says it. I don't own a wired keyboard or mouse. Should I go scrounging for them before trying Brink's in-place repair install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kupuna, May 11, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

Repair Install with wireless keyboard and mouse?

I guess the title says it. I don't own a wired keyboard or mouse. Should I go scrounging for them before trying Brink's in-place repair install upgrade?

:)

Kupuna, May 11, 2016
  2. Angusglen Win User

Clean install of Win 10 with wireless keyboard and mouse?

This is my first interaction with this forum and I seem accidentally to have ended on two related strands simultaneously. I tried a thorough clean uip operation, (P A Bear instructions), but unfortunately still ended up with the dreaded 86%. I am now
    considering whether it is worth the effort/risk of going for a clean install. The decision is made more difficult because I do not have detailed knowledge of how substantial the benefits of the anniversary update are. Advice on this last point would be appreciated.

Angusglen, May 11, 2016
  3. Clean install of Win 10 with wireless keyboard and mouse?

What problems are you having that you think might be resolved by doing a clean install of Win10?

Are you using the wireless keyboard/mouse now?

Is it the same computer as is in your 25 Jan-17 thread?

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 11, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Depends on your system , mine boots up the USB ports on startup before the system boots into windows so I can press keys to boot from DVD etc , my sons doesn't and we have to use a wired keyboard on his.

I generally keep a wired keyboard and mouse handy just in case at all times anyway , it can't hurt.

Wullail, May 11, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    This is the tutorial you were looking at right? Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

When you do a repair install you run setup.exe from inside windows. You don't boot from the USB - that is for a clean install.

You can keep using your Wireless keyboard and mouse as (a) you don't have to type anything after it starts and (b) more importantly, you keep your drivers with a repair install anyway. It is the same as doing an upgrade of one version of Windows to another in that respect.

I've done many repair installs as I keep breaking things and I've never had to re-install keyboard, trackpad, Wi-Fi or any other driver after - they all work fine.

Clean install is another matter. I think you'd need a wired keyboard for that. Either that of prepare an image that already contained the drivers and I don't know if that would even work.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Repair Install with wireless keyboard and mouse? - Similar Threads - Repair Install wireless

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not working: I am working from my laptop, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and I use the usb port in my laptop for it. I am working remote and pluggeda wired 2nd monitor into my laptop and I cant get my mouse or keyboard to work ?...
  3. Wireless mouse and keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard issues: Similar to this issue - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-persistant-problems/ecb174dc-2b5d-40b9-9238-0d51bbe39af0First my mouse just stopped working, now noticing issues with the keyboard missing letters when...
  4. Wireless mouse and keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse and keyboard issues: Similar to this issue - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-persistant-problems/ecb174dc-2b5d-40b9-9238-0d51bbe39af0First my mouse just stopped working, now noticing issues with the keyboard missing letters when...
  5. Wireless Keyboard without mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Keyboard without mouse: I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 that I bought with its mouse. Unfortunately, I lost the mouse with the USB receiver. I can still use the keyboard buying a new USB receiver? Thank you in advance....
  6. Wireless keyboard & mouse

Wireless keyboard & mouse: All of a sudden my keyboard and mouse are not working right. Keyboard letters don't come up on screen I have to go back and put missing letters in. Sometimes hitting the key 2 or 3 times. I have put new batteries changed places where the dongle I think thats what it's called...
  7. 900 wireless keyboard and mouse

900 wireless keyboard and mouse: We bought this item 3-4 months ago from Best Buy Canada but started using it recently. Recently we noticed that somehow the usb piece which is plugged into laptop is not working and because of that we can’t use the keyboard and/or mouse. We tried changing the USB port on the...
  8. update wireless keyboard and mouse

update wireless keyboard and mouse: Hi I have a dell all in one and I just updated my bios and am now doing an upgrade to windows 10 I have used a usb wired keyboard and usb wired mouse Now I want to use a wireless keyboard and mouse. should I have windows open with the wired keyboard and mouse plugged in...
  9. Wireless mouse and keyboard

Wireless mouse and keyboard: I have a Lenovo laptop that was just forced to update to windows 1o. Now my Logitech wireless mouse and key board wont work. What do I do to make them work again?...
  10. Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse: I have an Inspiron 4471 AIO, a Dell Desktop and an Acer Laptop all running W10 ver 1809 with the latest updates. The wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the Inspiron work just fine but I want to replace the keyboard with a Logitech or Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse...