Windows 10: Repair loop

Discus and support Repair loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im stuck in a repair loop, happend when I was updating windows10. I have tried almost everything on this forum Fix: Windows 10 Automatic Repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ultra1280, Apr 25, 2017.

1. ultra1280 Win User

Repair loop

Im stuck in a repair loop, happend when I was updating windows10. I have tried almost everything on this forum Fix: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Couldn’t Repair Your PC. Gonna leave some pictures, can please some tech genius tell me what to do.
    Repair loop [​IMG]

Repair loop [​IMG]

Repair loop [​IMG]

:)

ultra1280, Apr 25, 2017

2. repair loop

Thank you for the screenshot you have provided. Since you have indicated that you’ve done the possible troubleshooting steps under recovery and wasn’t successful. What we suggest is you to make a Media Creation tool as a bootable device so that you can perform
    Automatic repair. The Automatic repair will be different from the Windows repair that you have on your end. It will be the updated repair option that will be part of the Media Creation tool that you will be making.

To create a bootable device, please refer to this link:
    Media Creation Tool

Then we can perform Automatic repair with the downloaded Windows 10
    ISO image from the Media Creation Tool.

Automatic Repair tool automates common diagnostic and repair tasks for startup issues like non-bootable operating system installations. Automatic repair starts the PC in the normal manner if the booting fails. Automatic
    repair can be done from the Windows Recovery Environment (WRE) window of the PC.

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12. The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text
      Press any key to boot from CD or DVD. Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Apr 25, 2017
  3. repair loop

Hi,

To better assist you and provide you the best possible resolution, We'd like to request a screenshot of what you are currently getting right now. Also It would be best if you can indicate if it shows any error code as well. This is to make sure that we are
    on the same page.

We look forward to your response.

Jarius Tol, Apr 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Repair loop

Hi, the system restore error is very well-known- there's a long thread on that error number (and a number of short ones referred to it)- just search the forum. It's one MS is working on, and there is a workaround posted here.
    E.g.
    System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091 - Page 2 - - Windows 10 Forums

I guess you don't have any disk images you can use to restore your system. (We constantly and strongly recommend using disk imaging e.g. Macrium reflect (free) ).

lhdx64.sys
    What is lhdx64.sys from Lenovo.? | System Explorer
    appears to be a Lenovo HD driver.

dalchina, Apr 25, 2017
  5. ultra1280 Win User
    Thank you for taking the time to answer, but im pretty much stuck! And the link you gave me isnt working. Do you think deleting or renaming this lhdx64.sys file is something that will harm my computer or worth a try? Otherwise can you advice me further on possibly things to do? Thanks in advance *Smile one more thing i got the kyhi bootable rescue disk thing on usb, but i pretty much dont have a clue how it work. How to open the image file from the usb?

ultra1280, Apr 28, 2017
  6. ultra1280 Win User
    And I get this when i'm trying to open the kyhi file
    Repair loop [​IMG]

ultra1280, Apr 28, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, both links work for me... sorry, tomorrow now.

Kyhi's bootable rescue disk/USB drive - you boot your PC from it. What you get is Win 10, but run from that, not your disk. As per the desktop picture shown where you got the ISO from.

Can you boot your PC from any bootable medium?

dalchina, Apr 28, 2017
  8. ultra1280 Win User

Repair loop

Well first thing, how do I boot my PC with kyhi bootable disk? And I dont know what you mean by bootable medium. Im such a rookie in this kind of computer problems.

ultra1280, Apr 28, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, Ah, I see. The first time you have to deal with this it all seems horribly confusing. Hope this helps a bit.
    Your first objective is to get your PC booting from an external disk.
    Do you have a Win 10 DVD or iso?
    Download Windows 10 ISO File - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

1. What is a bootable disk?

Clearly you can use a search engine to find out.

Simple example: you have a CD or DVD which is a bootable disk.
    1. Put it in the drive
    2. Restart your computer
    3. There may be something you have to do (depends on your particular PC) - older PCs would just boot from the bootable disk once configured to do so
    4. Your computer reads all the information it is going to use from the disk you have inserted -instead of from the hard disk.
    5. Your computer keeps that information in RAM and runs from that not Windows on your hard disk.
    So you may be running a completely different operating system or program by booting from the external disk could be Linux, could be a specially written program for a specific purpose.

Bootable disks are available with different types of programs. Examples:
    - a Windows installation disk
    - a partition manager boot disk
    - a disk imaging program boot disk
    - Kyhi's bootable rescue disk.

What is a Bootable Disk?
    Boot disk - Wikipedia
    (I searched for
    what is a bootable disk?
    for you).

2. How do I get my computer to boot from one?

This differs from PC manufacturer to PC manufacturer.
    a. Use your BIOS to set the boot priority
    By default, your PC will boot from the internal disk.
    You need to change that so it first checks for a bootable CD/DVD or USB disk
    E.g.
    How to Boot a Computer from a CD: 5 Steps (with Pictures)
    (Your BIOS will look almost certainly different to that older example)

Now, some laptops, for example, like mine, also may require you to
    a. Insert the disk
    b. Press a particular key when the PC starts up (no, almost certainly not F8- mine's F7).

For details for your particular PC to
    a. Access the BIOS
    b. which key you need to press

- consult your manufacturer, your support, your PC manufacturer's forum, or do a search.

For example, if your PC is Lenovo you might search for
    Lenovo access BIOS
    or
    Use a bootable disk Lenovo laptop
    for example.

If completely bemused, I suggest you find a technical friend to help you with this.

Please could you complete your system specs (see mine for comparison)
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Repair loop

1. Repair loop - Similar Threads - Repair loop

2. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing automatic repair loop: So this morning my Gateway laptop stopped working. When i booted it up it showed the logo like normal but then it said "preparing automatic repair". Then it went to a blue screen and when it tried to restart, the same thing happened again. I have had this issue for about 8...
  3. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair loop: So this morning my Gateway laptop stopped working. When i booted it up it showed the logo like normal but then it said "preparing automatic repair". Then it went to a blue screen and when it tried to restart, the same thing happened again. I have had this issue for about 8...
  4. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  5. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  6. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screen flickering after windows 11 update and automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering after windows 11 update and automatic repair loop: 2 days before I had a cumulative windows 11 update, after updates my LENOVO-NOTEBOOK-COREI5-1135G7 8GB started with a flickering screen. Since the flickering screen started after the windows update, I did system restore to go into the place where screen is acting normal....
  8. Screen flickering after windows 11 update and automatic repair loop

Screen flickering after windows 11 update and automatic repair loop: 2 days before I had a cumulative windows 11 update, after updates my LENOVO-NOTEBOOK-COREI5-1135G7 8GB started with a flickering screen. Since the flickering screen started after the windows update, I did system restore to go into the place where screen is acting normal....
  9. My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop: I guess I should at start from the beginning I purchased a CPU online with a os system, I purchased a 1tb. hard drive with windows 10 os, installed windows 10 booted fine I was online for about 5 minutes when I was in the process of syncing my password over to microsoft when...
  10. My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop

My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop: I guess I should at start from the beginning I purchased a CPU online with a os system, I purchased a 1tb. hard drive with windows 10 os, installed windows 10 booted fine I was online for about 5 minutes when I was in the process of syncing my password over to microsoft when...