Windows 10: Repair Simple text file

Discus and support Repair Simple text file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello and thanks for all the answers. At first I tried to open the text file with Notepad, results were giberish. Then I opened Word and tried to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Repair Simple text file

Hello and thanks for all the answers.
    At first I tried to open the text file with Notepad, results were giberish. Then I opened Word and tried to open the file from there, also the same results.
    But then I right-clicked on the file and in the sub menu there was an Open at the upper end, and just a little lower were 3 options more, open with.. Notepad, Word 2016, Wordpad. I selected the second option and walla ! the file opened correctly, made some copies to be safe, saved it once as unicode, as UTF-8, and as a word document.
    I cannot understand why it opened giberish when I first launched Word and tried to open the file from there,
    However, there was a problem and solved.
    Thanks again for all the answers

Motim, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Motim Win User

Hello,
    Some time ago, month or two, I used the simple notepad from the taskbar to make some notes. I wrote the text in Hebrew, used Tahoma Hebrew fonts, saved it as simple txt file. Today while opening this txt file, all is written in
    Giberish, nothing is readable. I would like very much to recover this file as I made there some important notices.
    Can somebody help me with this problem ?
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Melquito Win User
    I CANN0T save a simple text file anymore....

I was able to before

I have NO games installed

My HTC says there is 131916K of free memory left.

All I want to do is save a text file of all the xcersices I do @ the gym but I cannot

It won't let me save.

I don't understand why

I'm sure I have not run out of space to use to save a simple txt file

What can I do to fix this?

Melquito, Apr 24, 2018
  4. Melquito Win User

Repair Simple text file

I CANN0T save a simple text file anymore....

I'm creating a TXT file with Microsoft Word which comes with my HTC Touch

I'm not using a memory card.

I didn't think I had to

My HTC says there is room left in it. I do not know why it is not lettikng me save a text file

I had 3 diff games previously then I deleted them all so that freed up space, but I cannot use the space I have left @ all.
    Repair Simple text file [​IMG]

Melquito, Apr 24, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    What have you opened it with try something else like word or wordpad

Samuria, Apr 24, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Open in Notepad, then try the Format > Font... menu and select the font you used before.

7. ddelo Win User
    If you didn't save it as Unicode, I'm afraid you won't be able to recover it. *Sad
    Maybe trying to open it as MS-DOS text in Word, you might have a chance.

ddelo, Apr 24, 2018
  8. Motim Win User

Repair Simple text file

Thanks,
    But how do I open the file in Word "as MS-DOS...", could not find such option in word.
    Guide please

Motim, Apr 24, 2018
  9. Samuria Win User
    Just open in word it should work out the correct format

Samuria, Apr 24, 2018
  10. ddelo Win User
    Open it with Wordpad.
    Then: File > Save As > Other Formats > Save As Type > Text Document MS-DOS format (*.txt)

Try opening it with Word or Notepad. I don't have high hopes, but it's worth trying!

As a last resort right click on it and choose to open the file with Internet Explorer. In IE go to View > Encoding > More and try different encodings.

Good luck!

ddelo, Apr 24, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    Was the file name ever saved and then modified?
    If so you may be able to use software recovery: Recuva
    Recuva - Free Download

zbook, Apr 25, 2018
  12. pepanee Win User
    You don't think it could be possible to upload a ".txt" attachment to the internet?
    Make a copy of the file. (In Notepad => File => Save As... )

(Just make sure to make a copy of it so you don't lose the original version)

Open the new copy. If the file contains too much personal data, then delete most of it, and leave about the first 20 characters of it and post it online. You can upload to:
    Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

I want to see if I can try to recover it. If so, I'll tell you what I did.

pepanee, Apr 25, 2018
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Repair Simple text file

Another option would be to zip it and post. Just stay under the size limit, about 3-4MB.

f14tomcat, Apr 25, 2018
Thema:

Repair Simple text file

1. Repair Simple text file - Similar Threads - Repair Simple text

2. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  3. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  4. How can I add simple text to a photo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add simple text to a photo?: Since the latest photos update I'm no longer able to add simple typed text into a photo. I can draw it by mouse which sucks and perhaps even animate text, but I can't see any option to have simple, static, typed text to images. Please Help....
  5. Simple File Locker issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple File Locker issue: I have a lot of files locked with this app. I have been trying to open some of them but they are still encrypted. I entered my password. The only thing I can think of is that I updated my password as I do regularly with all passwords - will the locked files need the old...
  6. A simple way to repair your PC

A simple way to repair your PC: NOTE: This is only for beginners who are new to Windows 10/8.1/8/other versions but you see too!, these methods are also for older versions of windows eg; Windows 7 -------------------------------------------- Introduction ------------------------------------------- Have...
  7. permissions problem on opening a simple text file

in Windows 10 Support
    permissions problem on opening a simple text file: I am running Windows 10 version 2004. I recently installed 'Lope Edit' (a sophisticated Notepad replacement) but it is unable to open a simple text (txt) file. I'm sure the software is fine but for whatever reason, Windows is being very cautious as I am sure the file is...
  8. A simple batch file...?

A simple batch file...?: Hi, It's been a while since I delved into the depths of Windows - and long before Windows 10 - but I would like to write a batch file to copy files from a folder on my Windows 10 PC to 2 separate folders - one on an SD card and the other on an external hard drive (I have...
  9. Simple to use text to speech software for reading online newspapers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple to use text to speech software for reading online newspapers: I met a legally blind person who is not aware that software exists to read online media articles. I remember trying and being impressed with such software about 20 years ago and imagine that text to speech software has improved since then Can someone please recommend free...
  10. Any way to recover/repair a text file corrupted by a BSOD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recover/repair a text file corrupted by a BSOD?: I'm furious! I spent several hours adding and updating the code in a large GUI application I'm developing, saving the changes every minute or so like a good boy. Well, I'd just finished a save when I got some kind of kernel BSOD. I rebooted and went back to the code file I...