Windows 10: repair win10 via dism in win7

Discus and support repair win10 via dism in win7 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how to repair windows 10 via dism running in win 7,i mean I am running windows 7 and I want to repair windows 10 via an image and dism and windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by houss, Jun 22, 2017.

1. houss Win User

repair win10 via dism in win7

how to repair windows 10 via dism running in win 7,i mean I am running windows 7 and I want to repair windows 10 via an image and dism and windows 10 not work

:)

houss, Jun 22, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Is it possible to install Windows 10 over an already existing Windows 10 and save files from the previous one?

You can repair Win10 using the DISM tool. I haven't used it but believe it works much the same as

doing a repair reinstall from the disk with Win7. Which is to say it overwrites Windows without deleting

your software or documents.

Having said that, you should always backup any important documents.

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

BossDweeb, Jun 22, 2017
  3. kg415 Win User
    Windows 7 System Image Not Found on External USB HDD after Windows 10 Backup

I've been successfully saving and restoring Window 7 system images to/from an external USB HD for years. I've successfully restored these Win7 images using a system repair DVD.

Prior to installing Windows 10, I saved a system image to the external HD. After installing Win10, I saved a system image to this same HD.

Now Win10 is randomly freezing, so I wish to restore the latest Win7 image. If I attempt to do this from Win10 Repair, all the old Win7 images are listed, but if I attempt to restore one of these, Win10 Repair says it cannot restore a Win7 image.

When I attempt to restore using the Win7 repair DVD, it fails with the "System Image Not Found" message. The HD is accessible, since I can browse it from a command window. It appears that saving a Win10 image on this HD has broken Win7 system repair.

Any ideas about how to restore a Windows 7 system image in this situation?

kg415, Jun 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, your Windows build (10240) is very old. There have been 3 major upgrades (=reinstall process, keeping all programs an data) since that build.

Why hasn't it been updated?

Anyone answering this question needs to know more about your configuration.
    Are you dual-booting Win 10 and Win 7?

In what way doesn't Win 10 work?
    Has it just recently stopped working- or not been working for a long time?
    Which specific repair is appropriate depends on the nature of the failure.

Please post a screenshot of your partition layout.
    Please first check your disk is ok- essential prerequisite to any attempted repair.

(You can do that, assuming your PC doesn't boot, by downloading and creating a bootable DVD/drive - use Kyhi's bootable disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section.

Use Minitool Partition Manager, HD Tune.

Post a screenshot of their GUI
    - to post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

Fix BootIf Win 10 fails to boot, try the Fix Boot utility in Macrium Reflect on Kyhi's disk.If Win 10 attempts to boot but then fails e.g. after logging in, you can try using System Restore.
    You can start System Restore
    - when logged in
    - from any restart button via SHIFT + left click restart
    - by booting your PC from a Win 10 bootable medium via 'Repair your computer'

Try SFC /Scannow when offline
    (offline = not booted into Windows): e.g. from a command prompt when your PC is booted using a Win 10 installation medium or Kyhi's disk:

To do that simply run the following command, using the appropriate drive letter which you need to determine (it may not be C: ) for your Windows partition:
    sfc /scannow /offbootdir=[DRIVELETTER]:\ /offwindir=[DRIVELETTER]:\windows
    Substitute the drive letter you noted earlier for [DRIVELETTER]. There should be no square brackets in the command (image below).

Windows will now attempt to find and repair any errors in your system files.

Your PC:
    Please complete your system specs. Presently we haven't a clue- desktop? laptop? tablet?
    (See mine for comparison)
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

dalchina, Jun 22, 2017
  5. houss Win User
    no , now it is 16188 i want to upgrade it but my pc fails to upgrade to 16199 and i am triple boot and desktop w5334.fr hp pentium 4

houss, Jun 26, 2017
  6. houss Win User
    my win10 pro is in e: and i type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=e:\ /offwindir=e:\windows but it says Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

houss, Jun 26, 2017
  7. houss Win User
    houss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. repair win10 via dism in win7 - Similar Threads - repair win10 via

2. Cannot repair Windows via DISM, no solutions online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot repair Windows via DISM, no solutions online: Hello, I'm having issues with corrupted Windows files the PC is working fine, but letting disk check run makes it unusable every time, so I have to solve it another way.After running this:Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\wim\install.wimHere's what my DISM...
  3. Cannot repair Windows via DISM, no solutions online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot repair Windows via DISM, no solutions online: Hello, I'm having issues with corrupted Windows files the PC is working fine, but letting disk check run makes it unusable every time, so I have to solve it another way.After running this:Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\wim\install.wimHere's what my DISM...
  4. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  5. Win7 to Win10 1809 Upgrade fails via LiveUSB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 1809 Upgrade fails via LiveUSB: Hi guys - back with a different problem on a different computer now. I guess I have absolutely no luck today...joy of joys. I'm now upgrading a second PC from Win7 to Win10 1809. I had tried a 1903 LiveUSB, but it failed with the error saying "This PC cannot be upgraded to...
  6. Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 via scripts while on a domain.

Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 via scripts while on a domain.: Good Afternoon, Is there a guide or video that displays this certain way of installing Win10? I have many workstations on my network that I want to upgrade to Win10. I downloaded the ISO image of 1903 for Windows 10 from MS. I want to put it on my network drive that all the...
  7. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  8. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  9. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  10. How to set up a source for A repair via DISM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to set up a source for A repair via DISM: I have some corrupted Op Sys files in my desktop that cannot be repaired via SFC/scannow and am trying to do so by DISM using the windows folder in my laptop but I cannot figure out how to use the source option to repair my desktop. I have perused the DISM.exe /? info but it...