Windows 10: Repair windows 10

Discus and support Repair windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After the latest update in windows 10 I can get to the log on screen. The password dialouge box will not " Set" just flicks on and off as I press any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by MikeGred, Mar 23, 2017.

1. MikeGred Win User

Repair windows 10

After the latest update in windows 10 I can get to the log on screen.
    The password dialouge box will not " Set" just flicks on and off as I press any key, so I can not log in.
    If I have to do a Windows 10 repair from a Usb installation will I loose my product Code as this computer ha sthe Free upgrade and I do not have a product code.
    I have tied the recovery USB but this takes me straight to the log in screen with no other options.

Mike Gred

:)

MikeGred, Mar 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Mar 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Mar 23, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Repair windows 10

Hello Mike and welcome to the Forums. You should have a digital license and if you use a Microsoft account it will be tied to your Microsoft account as well. so, your answer is no you will not lose your activation as long as it was activated before.

But before doing that there are a few things you could try. Do you have the power icon on the bottom Left corner of your screen. If you do press it and hold down the shift key and select restart. You should get recovery/repair options if you don't get a login screen. Try that and see if you can boot into Safe Mode. If you have the option choose Safe Mode with Networking.

If you don't have the power icon, you can hold down the power button until the computer shuts down. If you do that 3 times in a row, it should bring up the recovery/repair options. If you get into Windows in safe mode try to turn off fast startup, this will tell you how. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

essenbe, Mar 23, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    Typo error noted....Bottom right corner should be left.....please delete this post after rectifying....regards

dencal, Mar 23, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    @dencal, Thanks for noticing. If you have any suggestions, feel free to jump in. The water's fine. *Smile

essenbe, Mar 23, 2017
  7. MikeGred Win User
    Thanks Essenbe,
    Dug deep into the internet for solutions trying to avoid re-install but to no avail, so ended up with your 3 times start option.
    Chose reset with keep personal files.
    PC is now resseting but has only reached 33% after 10 hours. If I remember rightly it took nearly 24 hours to install Windows 10 when I migrated from windows 7.
    What would cause this long installation time, Windows ran normally when it did finish installation.??

Mike

MikeGred, Mar 26, 2017
  8. essenbe Win User

Repair windows 10

It should not take nearly that long. I don't have your system specs, so there are a few variable factors there, but none should take nearly that long. Have you had any hardware problems or changes recently? What about any Hard Drive errors or indication of a problem with it?

essenbe, Mar 26, 2017
  9. MikeGred Win User
    Hi Essenbe.
    I had no problems while running Windows 7. I updated to windows 10 when they made the first free offer.
    As I said i had the same problem re time when I first installed Windows 10 but once it was up and running i had no problems or indications of any problem. Windows 10 done it's normal updates and it was not until the last update when the corrupt system set in. The pc is still updating, I will just leave it on and see if it completes. I am loathe to do a hard reset, as I read in one of the web pages I visited that a person had done a hard reset thinking it had stuck at 99% and that trashed his hard drive.
    Looking throughdifferent Web pages, I do not seem to be the only one having this long time installation problem

Mike

MikeGred, Mar 26, 2017
  10. essenbe Win User
    I hope it works out for you, Mike. But, yes if you stop it, you will probably be doing a clean install. You should start imaging. It will save you a lot of grief.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Repair windows 10

1. Repair windows 10 - Similar Threads - Repair

2. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  3. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  4. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  6. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  7. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

8. Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect: Ok, I have a pair of WH-1000XM4 headset with mic and everything.I buy them and connect them to my laptop, an XPS 9320 and everything is working perfect.Then my father passed away and I had a lot of things to take care of regarding funeral and so on and worked from home when I...
  9. Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect

Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect: Ok, I have a pair of WH-1000XM4 headset with mic and everything.I buy them and connect them to my laptop, an XPS 9320 and everything is working perfect.Then my father passed away and I had a lot of things to take care of regarding funeral and so on and worked from home when I...
  10. Windows 11 always entering Automatic Repair on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 always entering Automatic Repair on startup: I have reinstalled windows 11 however its always entering automatic repair upon startup. That was also the reason why I reinstalled my windows. Thanks for the help....